Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2017-18

Has anyone been asked for extended documents?

" I’ve been a recipient for the past couple of years, and they usually send them out around June 9-10. "

Oops, went back to my emails…It’s July, not June, which makes sense with @amm13d’s post.

I’m super nervous about this. I checked the 2015 forums, and due to technical errors their notifications got pushed back to July 10th.

Mind if I ask, I was never asked to submit documents, but instead had to input my transcripts manually…did anyone else have this issue? I double, triple, and then quadrupled checked before submitting, so I didn’t miss anything and my application was accepted without a problem, and when I emailed HSF they said everything was there, but it just seemed a little weird to me…

@UniGirl2017 My application was like that too, I’ve been freaking out! I had to input my high school information manually and for my college info I just had to input my GPA, no documents whatsoever, it was weird.

@wiiizard Okay, at least I’m not the only one! I asked my school guidance counselor and she said just to fill it in manually if it asked. I’m hoping it wasn’t some weird mistake, it had me so worried!

That’s normal for people in high school or first years! @wiiizard

@Lilliana330 I received notification of a scholarship in June last year, so that’s certainly not unheard of!

Also, the “selection” section on the HSF homepage has been updated to say “June-July 2017”

Yeah, still no email from HSF on scholarship status yet. I remember last year I got an email around this time, I believe it was June 28th last year when I got the email. So I would think they would be sending one soon, idk tho :stuck_out_tongue:

there was an update on the HSF page to sign up for the HSF Scholar Conferences 2017… but still no decisions…

^Anyone who’s ever been selected is an HSF scholar, whether they receive a scholarship or not in subsequent years.

@Lilliana330 yeah I’ver never applied to HSF before but I’m guessing they’ll be releasing decisions soon…

^ I just checked the portal and found the conference application as well. Not sure if it’s related, but hopefully we’ll hear back soon.

Anybody filling out the Scholars Conferences application even though decisions have not been released?

It seems you have to be a Scholar to attend. The deadline for those apps is coming up next week, but they have not released decisions yet. Hopefully they extend that deadline.

@Lilliana330 My DD three days ago received an invitation to attend a HSF Scholars celebration for “scholars past and present.” The first event is July 11. My DD has not heard any update about her scholarship application. Last year they notified her on June 28 and the scholars invite was July 14. Since the first scholars celebration is coming up soon, I hope that means they will tell applicants their status pretty soon. My DD around June 23 received several emails inviting her to apply for the HSF STEM Summit. She will not apply because she is in the middle of an internship and she can’t take off from work. The invite says that applications to the STEM Summit are by invitation only.

Hope this information is helpful. Good luck to everyone

now the conference application disappeared for me…

Me too, does anyone still have it available?

Mine disappeared too

Mine is gone as well now.

mine is gone too. hope that isn’t a bad thing lol