Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2018-2019

Last day of February coming to an end and still nothing…

Me too, March 1st , nothing. Im gonna wait till Monday and email again (5th time)
HSF cant be a scam can it ?? I wouldn’t think so because theyve been around for so long

They’re not a scam. I do believe they had some set back in getting our money to us, especially considering they’re partnered with Wells Fargo for that matter. What really upsets me is they set us up for expectation and don’t deliver. I’d much rather they tell me they’re not disbursing until end of March (back in January) if they weren’t so sure about it. They just make it so frustrating now.

So when is the last time you heard from them and what did they say ?

The I messaged them on the 26th of Feb, and they actually got back to me within the hour. They told me the same thing as everyone else “disbursements will be made the end of February.” I was believing it considering I how late it was. Of course, that didn’t happen. So, I got a call from them earlier today (they reached out to me instead this time), and the personally apologized and told me they were still having issues. At this point, they said they can’t even pin point an approximate time when I’m getting funds with all the errors. They’ve been trying, and they tried last day of Feb. Not sure why there’s such a struggle now.

I also got a call from March 1st and they said the same thing. They apologized and said they couldn’t pinpoint a specific date that we would get our money. At this point I really don’t know if we will get it before the school year is over.

I’m going to give them a call in a few days again, and ask if there’s another way I can get the money, I’ve heard a check is possible, just slower. Can’t be any slower than this though.

@brian06 let us know how that goes. They told me that the errors are related to Wells Fargo and that’s why they haven’t been able to send out money yet. They have all the money so giving out checks shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

I got this email on 3/4/19

Hello Teo,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in the disbursement of your award. We expect to disburse all awards in the near future. A paper check will actually delay the process by a few weeks.

This is our number one priority and we are working hard to disburse all awards as soon as possible. If you are in need of funding, we encourage you to request emergency funding from your university. Thank you for your patience.

Best,

HSF Scholarship Team

@nbbkicks the emailed me a day ago and said " A paper check will actually delay the process by a few weeks." They also did not have any kind of time frame for when the dispersement may happen ( I asked this 3 times)

I called yesterday, basically told me the same thing…

How long are you willing to wait?

Well, I got my 3-days notice from my land lord today. :slight_smile:

@brian06 check to see if your school offers emergency loan disbursements. Explain to them the circumstances and you should be able to get an emergency loan given to you at low to no interest rate. I’m so sorry this happened.

@Keylinp201 I actually resorted to it it now. My parents also had to help me out a bit too, so I’m grateful for that. It’s absurd I had to do it though.

I just got an email saying that I wont be going on to the next level in the 2019 Scholarship…So basically I got my 2019 rejection before I got my 2018 award :frowning:

Awh man, bummer… Sorry to hear that :frowning:

Nah it s cool because you’re really not supposed to win 2 years in a row…I just think its crazy that I was rejected in 2019 but still haven’t gotten my award from 2018…

I was selected as a finalist, however the senioritis has gotten to me, anyone have any stats of previous winners ? Would like to measure my chances :-/

I was selected as a finalist for this year’s scholarship…but still have not received last years scholarship money… they still don’t know when it will be disbursed. Going to try to contact again. May end up getting the disbursement for summer at this point.