Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2018-2019

I still haven’t even found out my reward amount. How did you find it out?

He hasn’t. It says he should be notified by mail but he still hasn’t received a letter. Update - HSF said that when he saw the “acceptance” option on his dashboard that they were just testing it. That’s why it’s gone now.

Anyone who was initially wait-listed found out if they are receiving an amount?

I’ve been waitlisted too and messaged them about it. If any funds are leftover from the current cycle waitlested people will be emailed about it towards the end of December.

I received a scholarship, but they still haven’t notified me of the amount. Last year, they did on December 1st. I hope I don’t have to wait much longer.

Hopefully. I just wish I knew how much I was getting. Do you mind my asking how much you got last year? It’s my first year receiving the scholarship.

Sadly, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund is currently not run in a very organized fashion. Do not be discouraged. They are always late in just about all aspects of the program. Late distribution and notification of scholarship funds is typical for the organization these days. I wish they were more like the Hispanic Heritage Foundation which does a pretty good job for Latino youth in a very organized fashion.

Hey guys! I finally found out my amount and got notified to submit a thank you video or thank you letter. Hopefully once we have submitted that we can get our disbursements. Let me know if you all got the same email. Happy holidays!!!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing how much your award is?

Has anyone else (besides @Kaylinp201) gotten an email regarding the scholarship award amount or link to set up a bank account with Wells Fargo? I have completed everything that is needed to be completed including: additional documents & enrollment verification. Also, I was designated as an HSF scholar, so I’m just curious because it says on the dashboard that awards go out until December, but January is quickly approaching. PLEASE, please reply if anyone has received an official email from HSF regarding scholarship status.

Also, does anyone have a number I can call to contact HSF headquarters myself?

I got an email last Thursday that told me my award amount, and asked me to submit a thank you video or letter! The email was in my gmail promotions email/ kinda like spam! So I would check all around your email to see if you received the email! Good luck amigxs

@latinacolocha18 I checked all my promotion emails and didn’t find an email from HSF on December 20th (last Thursday). I think I should call them to ask if I stil have a chance ?

I also got an e-mail with award amount and thank you letter submission instructions

@TdoesCollege of course not! The amount I got was 3,500. I submitted a thank you video and am now waiting on them to send the money. @latinacolocha18 have you submitted your thank you letter/email? If so did they email you instructions on disbursements yet?

Thank you so much and congratulations!!!

We’re still waiting on notification.

I am here to join the impatience. I am also waitlisted and just contacted them, they said that applicants are still being considered and that we will receive a notice that we’re no longer being considered on January.

Scary, but accurate news.

I submitted a thank you letter, but haven’t gotten anything back:/ I feel like we will get stuff after the new year.

did you receive a follow up email with the wells fargo info?

Is there still a chance for waitlisted applicants to be selected for an award? I haven’t received a notification yet, but I heard they might still be making decisions until early January??

Does anyone know if it is possible to keep the scholarship, if I take a gap year?