Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2018-2019

I’ve noticed that they favor those who go to ivy’s or similar top tier schools. I know two other people who also got it also go to my school (we talked about it in the HSF conference if we got the 2018-2019 award). I’m involved in different business clubs and a business fraternity where I held leadership positions. I also think my internships set me apart.

Yeah, I think that since the vast majority of us have good statistics, they might have to look and consider other factors. I attend a state school and from my experience, HSF tries to get “their” students to go to and apply to IVY Leagues, for they consider a student who attends a state school someone who “undermatched.” I learned this as an HSF’s YLI volunteer, back in 2016.

Nevertheless, I am double majoring and double minoring with research in both astronomy and library studies, as well as work directly related to higher education.

I am glad I managed without the help, but I hope and pray that those of you who are still waitlisted get some assistance!

I got the rejection e-mail as well. Oh well, some you lose, some you win. I already applied for next year.

I’m still waitlisted.

Any idea of the average ACT/SAT scores of people who receive the scholarship? For those who were awarded one and are willing, can you please share your scores?

I won the scholarship last year and my ACT was a 27

I’m also still waitlisted. Haven’t received any email since October

I’m still waitlisted as well. I’m assuming that they are reviewing our enrollment verification documents. I submitted mine on the very last day it was due (Oct. 31 I believe) and perhaps that’s why I’ll be one of the last ones to receive a notification. I’d rather know now so I can stop thinking about it and just have a clearer picture of my finances for the semester, but oh well… hopefully we get the email sometime this week.

make sure you check your spam folder since mine was there.

I’ve been checking my spam folder. They sent me an email on January 31st telling me that they were still reviewing my enrollment verification documents and would notify me “in the near future” but no email since then …

It’s not in my spam, but i haven’t gotten an email since October. I wish I would’ve gotten the “still reviewing my enrollment verification documents” because it would’ve reminded me that i wasn’t forgotten

This sort of makes me wonder how competitive an HSF scholarship is. When I first applied, I got it and I didn’t expect to. Lately, that’s shifted.

That’d be an interesting statistic to know, the percentage of people who receive it haha

I got the scholarship last year after being waitlisted. I found out in December when I won the award. I’m so surprised why it’s taking so long to get a yes or a no

I hope we hear back from them soon. This is my first time applying so not sure what to expect.

It is my first time receiving the scholarship @somemomma I am an undergraduate student at UCLA with a 3.65 GPA

has anybody, wait-list or original received disbursement?

Just checked my bank account and the disbursement is pending!

Did you get an email ?

I also have my disbursement as “in process” in my bank account but I didn’t get an email telling me it was going to be sent or anything

My son has not. Just sent an email as it’s been over a month we replied back on account number. Have you gotten anyrhing?