Hispanics Stats

<p>Very helpful!
Thanks</p>

<p>Man just looking at this thread is awesome. So cool to see other hispanics, especially fellow mexicans, with all these top scores getting into tier-1 schools. This'll be really helpful when I start applying later this year.</p>

<p>P.S. entomom are you talking about thewerg cuz I remember seeing his near perfect stats and was flat out denied from yale.</p>

<p>It may have been because thewerg had no volunteering.</p>

<p>Yes, that's who I was talking about. I didn't notice about the lack of volunteering, that could indeed have been a problem. I was also wondering about essays and GCs don't always give the best advice. I just checked and he was WL to H, don't know any of his other results.</p>

<p>It would be nice if we had as many people post as the AA forum.</p>

<p>We do what we can</p>

<p>From what I've seen over many years, there aren't nearly as many Latino students on CC as there are AA students.</p>

<p>It could be a good thing to an extent. CC is kind of scary at first when you see all the insane stats posted. On the other hand, it could give more Latinos exposure to schools that would actively recruit them such as LACs that might give good aid. For example, Swarthmore accepted me a two or three sentence Why Swarthmore? essay.</p>

<p>LOL. What did you say in three sentences that was so killer???</p>

<p>I just told them their own spiel about liberal arts educations and how they differ from universities.</p>

<p>Follow up:</p>

<p>Admitted to MIT, Columbia, WUSTL, UT Austin, UChicago, and Wesleyan
Waitlisted at Yale and Princeton (didn’t even reply to waitlist offers)
Rejected from Harvard and Stanford</p>

<p>Attending MIT :D</p>