HKUST or CUHK- are they any good?

<p>Sorry, yeah that's what I meant. </p>

<p>And 3-3-3 will be difficult for him if he is going to a British based school system as often the teachers will refuse to write 9 recommendations (unless you use common app).</p>

<p>True. But remember that not all schools in the US will require LoRs.</p>

<p>I'm not sure you guys read my post very carefully. As I said before, right now I'm only sending my freshman applications right now, which as you guys point out contain highly competitive US unis. If my freshman applications to US, Singapore and HK don't work out, then I will apply as transfer to less selective universities in US next year. (I would do that now but most colleges recommend completing between 1 and 2 years before applying for transfer) </p>

<p>Confusing? Well it seemed like that to me also, but now I think I've things under control.</p>

<p>As for recommendations, surely you don't need 9 different letters? 9 copies of 1 or 2 recommendation letters is more like it, and that won't be a problem.</p>

<p>why not apply as a freshman to some of the less competetive US colleges as well?</p>

<p>and as for your recommendations, while in essence they will be the same thing more or less, unless the schools you apply for are common app, you will have to have them filled in on 9 different forms.</p>

<p>I was going to but just about every college I contacted would not allow me to apply as freshman (which I guess is something I should have known before enrolling at a local university).</p>

<p>Now if you could name some US colleges that allow you to apply as freshman if you are in your 1st year at college or something, that would be really helpful :)</p>

<p>Another reason I'm gravitating towards Asian universities is that their degree is for 3 years only, so I won't be losing a year like I would when applying to the US for example.</p>

<p>emory, umich etc all have a section in their (freshman) online applications which say "which other colleges have you attended". go to the university of michigan website and take a look at their online app.</p>

<p>by: karan89
"Because if you are only applying to the two best (and hardest to get into) schools in the US, and nothing else you are severely crippling yourself if you dont get in. You will end up being forced to go to a (no offense) no name school in the Philippines which is just as good as getting a degree from Bangaldesh."</p>

<p>**
I see your point. No offense taken. :) **</p>

<p>NBZ, after seeing a post of yours on a different thread, if your grades are on teh same o/a level system used in england you should have absolutely no problem getting into a top class uni in the UK or the US (maybe even a full scholarship).</p>

<p>good luck.</p>