Holistic Review aplicants c/o 2020

I’m starting this thread for review applicants to talk about the admissions process and to post when/if they get accepted. I applied October 2nd and have been in review ever since. I just spoke with an admissions rep and they told me about 80 or so review applicants have been offered full admission thus far. Has anyone on here been accepted/heard anything about when we could possibly get some news?

I just posted to the other thread:

Applied 11/16
UIN 11/18
Review Admit, In-State, Top 15%, GPA 3.81 out of 4.0
SAT 1190/ ACT 27
Application is Complete and In Review
700+ community services hours, Academic All-State (2 sports), NHS, FFA, FCA, (and a few more) 21 transferable college credits with a 3.75 (dual credit courses)

I have been contacted by the Advisor in the major I applied too - making sure I submitted the college transcript before the deadline, seeing if I had any questions, schedule an in-depth tour, etc. When they contacted me, it made me think I had a chance to get in but most likely, wishful thinking!

Since the transcripts are delayed by two weeks (posting to AIS), I assume review decisions will also be delayed for those of us who have’t been accepted yet.

Here are my stats:

Senior
Top 11% 69/610
28 ACT
1700 SAT
4.0 GPA
AP Courses:
World History
United States History
English Literature (Also GT)
BC Calculus
Chemistry
Economics
Government
English Language (Also GT)

I will graduate with 20+ dual credits/AP credits by exam
Lots of extra curriculars, very involved in numerous clubs and activities at school
National Finalist- Technology Student Association
250+ Service Hours
Good essays, A, B, C
Rec Letters (maximum allowed to be submitted)

I also applied Oct. 2 and haven’t heard anything
ACT:23
Many extra curricular activities
95.73 gpa
30 college hours already

I applied for Chemical Engineering on October 1st.
Class rank 191/733 (roughly 26% was soooo close to top quarter)
ACT composite: 30 Math: 32 Reading: 32 English: 28 Science: 29
Sent all 3 essays
Senior course load: AB Calc, AP Stats, AP Gov, AP Macroeconomics, AP Chemistry, English IV
Asian Male
One rec letter
Submitted a resume
Clubs: main ones were NHS and SNHS. Was in student council, engineering club
Out of school activities: been playing 3 years in a basketball league where they have a tournament every summer
Volunteer hours: about 60 hours combined all 4 years
Work about 15 hours per week starting start of senior year

Still no response, not even Engineering Review

DS is a Texas resident who applied to A&M on 09/03. Submitted all three essays and expanded resume with application. Letters of recommendation received on 10/29 and 11/05.

Class Rank: 157/422
ACT: 32
SAT: 2070
SAT II U.S. History: 740
AP Word History: 5
AP Human Geography: 5
AP US History: 5

(Received AP Scholar Award for AP scores above)

Senior Year AP courses: AP English; AP Environmental Science; AP Macroeconomics; AP Statistics; AP Psychology; and AP US Govt & Politics.

Miscellaneous: numerous ECs too lengthy to detail here (volunteer, academic clubs, school athletics and leadership positions) plus continuous part-time work since sophomore year.

DS submitted app to UT a couple days before he submitted his A&M application. He was accepted into UT-Austin on 11/18 and subsequently offered admission to UT’s Liberal Arts Honors program in mid-December. Given the fact that he’s admitted to UT and offered admission to one of UT’s honors program he may simply go there as he is still “in review” at A&M. He’s also been admitted to SMU with $15K year scholarship offer in acceptance letter, Ohio State full tuition Morrill scholarship offer, and Tulane $10K year scholarship offer in acceptance letter. Still waiting to see if he gets admitted to A&M.

I posted these on the other thread about my daughter but maybe this will help someone:

Review Admit(OOS): School of Vet Med/Biomedical Sciences
Class Rank: 3/224
GPA : 3.97 uw / 4.27 w
SAT (700 Math, 550 CR)
ACT: 27
Applied 9/15
Accepted 12/3

Daughter had lots of extras, including 6 varsity letters, track and cc awards (state level including state champions multiple times), job, college class, 7 APs, volunteering etc. I believe the class rank is what stood out though. Not doing sports in college so that didn’t give her an edge.

Review Admit
Applied: 8/28
UIN: about a week after
Engineering major
ACT: 29
150 community service hours
top 15%
Still waiting for decision and engineering review

I am so scared

Review Admit (In state)
Applied: 10/13
UIN: about a week after
Environmental Studies Major (Geosciences)
ACT: 27
300 community service hours
top 13%
Resume and 2 Letters of Rec.
Accepted 12/17

Review Admit (In state)
Applied: October
UIN: a week after
History Major (Liberal Arts)
ACT: 26
100 community service hours
Ranked 9 out of 72 (I go to a small school)
I guess they just really liked my essays.
Accepted: The letter was dated 1/14, but I didn’t get it until 1/20!

Review Admit (OOS)
Applied: Novermber
UIN: within the week
Liberal Arts – Sociology/Pre-law
ACT: 28/SAT 1920
200+ community service hours
Debate captain/Class Treasurer
GPA: 3.9 (4.0)
Resume, 3 essays, 2 recs, working 2 jobs, all APs/Honors
Awaiting decision

Follow-up to post #5 above, DS was admitted on Jan. 19.

I am Also waiting to hear back still…
214/707
28 Act
1760 Sat
Eagle scout
9 AP classes
and wanting to join the Corps…

and idea on my odds?
(Nutrition Major)