Honors College

On my application for Purdue I put down that I was interested in the Honors College, so they sent me the application. I am no longer interested in the HC, so is it okay to not apply or will that look bad saying I was interested and then not completing it?

It’s okay, but if they sent you an application, apply. There are lots of perks (nicer dorm, scholarships, special classes).

If you are no longer interested in the HC, then I suggest that you do NOT apply; because if you do apply and are accepted, you may be taking the space from someone who does want to be in the HC but didn’t get it because you applied when you really weren’t interested.

Perhaps you can speak to an admissions officer to let them know that you have reconsidered the HC application, and now don’t want to do it.

@MountainGoat90 - Was there just one essay question you had to answer? (Or does it go further and ask additional details? My so is working on that right now.)

Seems there are 3 essays your need to submit online to apply for the Honor college of Purdue

Help. I only see one question, space to copy/paste essay, and a submit button. Where do you see 3 questions?

@hoosierdaddy18 I called Admissions yesterday to make sure we weren’t missing anything because my son only had one essay question for Honors, too. They said some people have three questions, others have one…and that it depends on your major.

Yes - my son applied to engineering and he had 3 essays to do for the honors college!