Purdue honor's college

Has anyone received a formal rejection notification to Purdue honor’s college? We can’t seem to get an answer from admissions whether formal denials as well as acceptances can be expected.

@oadoc2 My D got an email yesterday with Subject: Honors College Decision (or something similar) that she wasn’t selected for the Honors Program. I hope that helps you as much as it helps our selection process.

Thank you. Have any Purdue honor’s college students placed on the wait list?

Sorry for the dropped words: have any Purdue honor’s college applicants been placed on the wait list?

There are several parents on the 2017 Facebook page who have reported that their students have been waitlisted and another was denied.

My D got waitlisted for honors. We were very disappointed with that and scholarships. She has 35 ACT, near perfect GPA with all honors and 8 AP classes in a large competitive high school. Got $5k presidential for and out of stater. For a school that’s so low % for women, esp in science, I’m just can’t believe it’s that competitive there. She’s gotten honors everywhere else, including Michigan.

@sugra99 the honors college cares more about the extra curricular parts of the students than the statistics. It’s likely that her’s did not meet their expectations, but her stats were good enough that she was offered waitlist. Many who are accepted into the honors college do not go to Purdue, so it’s possible that she will get pulled from the waitlist at a later date.

Could be csswim. She has decent ECs, but not great. Waitlist issue is you’re not told til June so you have to pick the school without knowing.

good to know…we were a little sad our son got waitlisted. Sad you have to wait until June

An update…we were on campus for a “purdues for me” admitted student weekend. A much less polished visit compared to our first for which we were blown away with everything. This was not very well organized and I think some of the curtains came down to see the real story. Anyway, my D is a physics major for college of science. There were only 90 spots in honors college for them and they had 1300 apply. He said it was just luck who got in and who didn’t. Said they overfilled last year and it was a mess. The college of science is comp sci and pre med so very competitive overall. Other thing we found out was about learning communities. Not everyone gets into those either. Estimated at 50% get in that try. So don’t be set on those either.

@sugra99 I heard similar about them overfilling the honors college last year during a visit to the honors college earlier this school year. They said that they anticipated many upperclassmen to drop the honors program (as is the usual trend because of the difficulty) last year, but the construction of the new honors complex made more students inclined to stay.

about 80% of the freshmen in honors got a spot in the honors dorm for this year. I am betting they didn’t offer honors to as many students as last year as a result.