Honors notification

<p>S has been accepted, applied to honors, and online it says his honors app has been reviewed and scored... anyone know when they notify if they have been accepted to honors and how they are notified? What about honors housing?</p>

<p>@granipc - did you find out any more about the “reviewed and scored”. My son has not seen an acceptance yet - he applied last day of RD but then he had an Honors College application link show up on his page and so he applied even though it was past the due date (it didn’t show up until after the due date). He received a “reviewed and scored” from the Honors College today along with a notice about financial aid award (basically nothing) but no where does it actually say he’s been accepted? I wasn’t thinking that they were notifying anyone until April 1 but I guess from reading this forum that they will be notifying up until April 1. Do they email you when you are accepted?</p>

<p>@threeofthree… If you mean acceptance to the school, it was on th VT portal, where it says check application status.</p>

<p>Thank you - just kind of confused looking at the page and seeing the Honors reviewed and scored, wondering why they’d bother if he hadn’t been accepted.</p>

<p>I know, kind of odd… and I still have no clue how they are notified about honors acceptance status? His still just says reviewed and scored.</p>

<p>Son received notification via snail mail today. Honors and honors housing. No honors merit money. So VA Tech is out for him. He has gotten money from 6 out of 8 schools.</p>

<p>@palves… Thanks for the info. We are at a UMich admitted students visit right now, so hopefully in our mailbox when we get home tomorrow. What other schools is your son looking at?</p>

<p>My son was accepted into the College of Engineering yesterday but no information on the Honors program. Should it show up on his status page or is that decision still pending? Anyone know how notification works? Is it only by snail mail or is it over and he just didn’t make the cut?</p>

<p>We haven’t heard anything either. It is very frustrating to have information trickle out like this, particularly since this is the last bit of info S is waiting on before making a final decision!</p>

<p>I don’t know how they notify, but they told S that honors notifications would be out by April 1st.</p>

<p>I heard by April 1st too. My S was accepted awhile ago but we haven’t heard about honors either. I will have to ask him to check online and see if there is a status change.</p>

<p>The Honors page has a new message (a few days old I think) that says something like they are in the final stages of making Honors decisions and all notifications will be made by April 1 via paper mail and to allow for delivery time so I don’t know that you will see anything online and it sounds like they may postmark on April 1 which leaves up to 3 days for delivery - so should no for sure by next Thursday?</p>

<p>S finally got his letter yesterday… Honors and Honors housing (although if he doesn’t make a decision soon, I’m guessing the housing will be full). No money. Anyone doing the Honors housing? Not sure if it would be a fit for him or not, think we need more info.</p>

<p>Your son probably has a choice between EAJ and Hillcrest. DS is choosing EAJ because his brother is in WAJ and he knows how nice the dorm is. Some students say the rooms are a bit smaller than in other halls because the AC unit takes up some of the space. IMO the dorm EAJ/WAJ is fantastic. I can’t tell you anything about the Honors dorm experience (activities etc) because DS#1 wasn’t interested in Honors.</p>

<p>Well, coming from Texas where our A/C is in full swing 10 months a year, I’m thinking he would give up the extra space for a little cool air. ;)</p>

<p>@granipc - Check to see if the honors housing is for two years, meaning your son wouldn’t have to go through the lottery soph year. That may be a plus factor if he wants to stay on campus two years.</p>