Honors

I called the office of admissions

@nhpanther thanks for letting us know.

Well - I still see this:
Requirements
Requirement Received Note
Honors College Decision 02/25/19 Invited. The Honors College will send official notification

It wouldn’t make sense to release RD Honors notifications before the actual decisions have been released. I suppose they could, but why would they?

My son received a letter today from the honors college. However, it doesn’t say much and there is no mention of any merit award.

@MD2023MOM was your portal also updated with invite?

“Informed Delivery” shows a letter from Honors College coming in the mail today.

My son was accepted two weeks ago to the Engineering program. He was hoping to be invited to the Honors College. We are a bit new to the process… is March 15 the date for that. Is there a correlation between the HC and in state tuition. Thanks?

When we called just this week, we were told all honors notifications had been made. If it’s not in the portal, then the invitation isn’t coming. But other people seem to have been communicated something different. Once again, the communication wasn’t specific to EA vs. RD. Very frustrating I know.

@anomy27 really hope that isn’t true. 1520SAT, 4.2GPA, legacy, top 10%, attend STEM magnet school, and no invitation yet. cannot imagine i won’t get in, but haven’t received anything yet.

@ArborS We were disappointed too - 1580, top 1%, etc, etc,…we’re hoping it’s administrative miscommunication too. If not, I guess they were looking for something that just wasn’t there and the app didn’t warrant admission to honors. The programs are getting increasingly competitive.

Our D has told us the 15th is the date.

@BillW13 Do you mind if I ask, is that specific to certain applications? Does that apply to EA or is that only for RD? If you know. Thanks.

Sorry just saw this. Her app is RD so their aps at a minimum. I would have to think both would be released at once.

S19 received an honors college acceptance in the mail last week or so fyi. Definitely not as high stats as the folks here.

Really interested to see what happens today. We called the honors college this week and asked, very specifically, if all honors notifications had already been released, and they said YES. If you haven’t received notice by now (regardless of whether you are EA or RD) portal or by mail, then you didn’t get in. But I know other people were told something else. Either way, there still seems to be different info coming from VT. We’re not anticipating anything, we have kind of given up and are focusing on other schools, but still curious of course.

So basically if you were going to be invited into honors, you would have already been notified, correct?

@AAA124555 Sorry. I just saw your question. The portal was updated and he received a letter from the honors program. He received his financial award package this weekend and it listed $0 for scholarship. We were kind of surprised that someone would be admitted to honors as an OOS and no scholarship offer. He received $56,000 over 4 years from DE and their honors program seems a lot more robust, so it’s a no brainer for him.