Hotels in close vicinity of Purdue University

<p>Are there Hotels within close vicinity of Purdue University preferably within walking or short driving range?</p>

<p>Union Club Hotel - On-campus. Located in the Purdue Memorial Union
Hilton Garden Inn - Off-campus. Located in Wabash Landing which is quite a walk from campus but the closest compared to other hotels off-campus.
University Plaza Hotel - Off-campus. Located in front of Walmart. Just drive on Northwestern/I-52 then you will get to campus.</p>

<p>HELP!</p>

<p>im flying in August 14th (Saturday) and leaving August 17th morning - all above mentioned hotels are BOOKED for that weekend. i understand campus inn right by the university and holiday inn at city center in downtown lafayette are also booked. any other recommendations for hotels in the vicinity that I can get to and from campus via public transportation??</p>

<p>i’ll be arriving at indianapolis airport (from nyc) to meet my cousin, who will be an international transfer student (arriving around the same time on a flight from china). she’s registered for BGR 2010 so I know (hope) she’ll be able to move into the dorms (apparently she says she finds out around July 15th of her dorm assignment? is that normal?) but is it possible for me to stay with her for three nights? how does overnight guest policies work at purdue during the bgr time period? i personally don’t mind bringing along a sleeping bag and just crashing on the floor but i assume that’ll also depend on whether her roommates are there - i find it kind of rude to just invite myself over when my cousin technically hasn’t even met her roommates.</p>

<p>but i’ve literally exhausted all options, i think - even thought about renting a car from west lafayette but all the area car rentals CLOSE by 2pm, and we’ll still be on our way to campus on the Stars of America shuttle, which we’ve already purchased tickets for in advance. </p>

<p>i’m now thinking of econolodge, west lafayette, located at 2030 Northgate Drive - can anyone tell me if, logistically, its possible to get there via public transportation? i tried to go on citybus website but i can’t read that map - help, please!!! any other recommendations (perhaps in the lafayette/downtown lafayette region) would be greatly appreciated as well!</p>

<p>Yeah I think staying with her in the dorm is the best option if you will not have a car. As long as you’re the same gender as your cousin it should be fine.</p>

<p>Well here are a few options that I recommend:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>I’m seeing availability at the Candlewood Suites which is next to Meijers in Lafayette. Since it’s next to Meijers, theres a #7 bus route ran by Citybus so just look for the bus stop signs. Then from there take the bus to Riehle Plaza which is in front of a train station and take the Wabash Trolley to campus. </p></li>
<li><p>I’m seeing availability at the Best Western Lafayette Executive Center & Conference Center. This is the place I would stay at personally… Instead of taking Citybus to campus, you could take Lafayette Limo to campus which would drop you off at different locations such as the Union Club Hotel and Purdue West. </p></li>
<li><p>I wouldn’t recommend you staying at the Econolodge because I do not see a Citybus route running by it or near it. </p></li>
<li><p>If you are of age, you could try to do a one-way rental from Indianapolis Airport. Remember the age to rent a vehicle is 21…</p></li>
<li><p>Call the Housing Services and ask if you could do an overnight stay at McCutcheon for a few nights. Explaining your situation can help your cause possibly so yeah…</p></li>
</ol>

<p>thank you smahanru and jimgotkp!! think i might do book first at best western and then pending her dorm assignment, could either cancel my reservations or just stick with it. so long as i’m not homeless!</p>

<p>question: for lafayette limo, do you pay the full $27 one way ticket to travel from best western to campus, the same as if you were traveling to the airport? or i suppose, possibly the $27 roundtrip same-day/commuter ticket? doesn’t look like there’s an option to pay a reduced fare just cuz i’m not going all the way to the airport. </p>

<p>also, how are the taxi’s around campus/west lafayette? are they frequent, especially around nighttime? </p>

<p>thank you all so much!</p>

<p>No problem.</p>

<p>Well, I’m not exactly sure how much you would be charged for the Lafayette Limo shuttle. It’s best knowing the exact answer so I recommend you calling the folks at Lafayette Limo.</p>

<p>There are taxis at night near the campus mainly near the bars at Chauncey. If you need a ride you can just call a taxi cab over to your location or walk over to the bars, specifically Harry’s. Remember the price for a taxi over there is pretty pricey… Since I’ve been in Seoul, South Korea for almost 2 months know, I’m used to cheap taxi fares…</p>

<p>yea i’ve actually called up econolodge and was quoted about $25 depending on traffic to get to campus, which is similar to how much a NYC cab would charge, maybe even more! i thought west lafayette was supposed to have a lower cost of living than the big metropolitan cities :(…looks like distance-wise, best western would probably turn out to be similar.</p>

<p>The lower cost of living is true compared to NYC but not the taxi fares… the Best Western is in a better location and is a better place to stay so yeah… There’s a lot of traffic lights on the way to Best Western from campus so expect some light traffic.</p>