House and hall notice?

<p>Besides, why would they continue to accept housing applications if they are not assigning any more housing assignments?</p>

<p>They continue taking applications because, as dudedad said, students are put on a waiting list. If you apply now, one of several things may happen:</p>

<ol>
<li>You get lucky and get regular housing.</li>
<li>You’re put into an extra room. (They do forced triples, convert study rooms into 4-person dorm rooms, and put students with RAs.) Later, if rooms free up, you may get moved into a regular room or you may stay in a triple/quadruple for the whole year.</li>
<li>You’re put on a waitlist but have to live off campus until something opens up.</li>
</ol>

<p>Let me put it this way: I went through 4 roommates this year, and they were still being replaced up until February. Since I don’t have a roommate now, I assume they finally got everything into equilibrium and there’s no one in extra housing who doesn’t want to be there.</p>

<p>I think dorms change a lot of people’s minds. I’ve been extremely unhappy with the situation since getting here (and I was one of the first people to apply for housing), and I have friends who have had even worse luck. Quite frankly, UA is one of the few schools where I actually advise people to NOT live on campus. It’s insanely expensive, their roommate pairing system is a joke, it takes weeks or months to fix maintenance problems…</p>

<p>I applied for housing on 04/20/10 and the office of undergraduate campus housing and they told me I would be guaranteed housing.</p>

<p>Same… I called them today</p>

<p>so basically, I called them today and they said they have received my application and charged me the 150. They said I will be receiving housing; however, they also said that I might not get my room assignment till the very end, which is like August… :(, but oh well as long as I have housing!</p>

<p>Save your money and time, live off campus. Off campus housing is one thing that you can guarantee thar ABOR won’t raise the price of.</p>

<p>isn’t it harder to meet people living off campus?</p>

<p>Not necessarily, you will most likely have college aged neighbors, you may join clubs, you may join a sorority/fraternity, you may get a part-time job, you may join the honors college, and of course you have classes.</p>

<p>I know it may be a cliche, but college is what you make of it. Granted, you may not have access to a captive audience of your contemporaries, but social opportunities are there for the taking.</p>

<p>I visited UA a couple of weeks ago. While I was there, my parents and I looked at houses for sale near campus. The reason we looked was because they were renting at really high rates ($400-$650 per bedroom), most were 100 year old houses, and most were rented into next year so we thought it might be a good investment. We didn’t buy anything yet, but we’re thinking about it for next year. I’m planning on living in the dorms for the first year; I want the dorm experience, plus I’ve been told that’s where most freshmen live and that’s when most students meet their friends and future roommates.</p>

<p>I know that the dorms are expensive, but from what I saw while I was there, the housing around campus is expensive, too. Most people have told me that freshmen should definitely try to stay in the dorms. Good or bad, they say that it’s something we should all experience because, as my mom tells me, it’ll give us memories that we’ll have for the rest of our lives.</p>

<p>I agree with David… haha</p>