Housing Advice for 2023 Ags

Parents of incoming freshmen should read this very long PDF. It answers everything from What is allowed in dorms, what isn’t, the Fridge max wattage, decorations, furniture, etc. https://reslife.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/RULES_Reslife_Handbook.pdf

Does anyone know when a good time would be to start closing in and considering signing off on off-campus apartments? There’s a handful available right now but I imagine they’ll be a lot of rooms and more options available after this semester ends but I could be wrong I don’t want to end up taking too long and not finding anything.

@alirhasan96 for incoming freshman? My daughter is living on campus, but she has many friends who signed off campus leases this fall.

@52AG82 I’m a transfer student, incoming junior. I’m trying to save money by living off campus and waiting for a good deal but I’m worried about running too late and not finding a place in time!

@alirhasan96 We can’t post link to social media on CC but if you are on FB, search for Texas A&M/TAMU/Blinn Subleases, Roommates & Housing - College Station/Bryan

@Thelma2 ooh this is great, thanks!!

Can I just ask how does the placeholder deposit obligate us financially? One of my admitted kids won't matriculate but can't log on to Howdy etc for some reason (it could well no longer exist), but did deposit the ?$50, she did not sign up for  NSC (she is matriculated elsewhere now).  

You aren’t obligated @sybylla by placing housing deposit. I would be surprised by Howdy not being accessible though unless the offer was declined by your daughter on Howdy at an earlier date. You should cancel housing just in case so they don’t slide her in somewhere. Call Residential Life to have them handle it.

Thanks, I will give it a go. She may have declined on Howdy, as now she can’t log in at all and just gets a prompt with her UIN number to activate. @@ LOL.

Thanks for that, I think she has declined on Howdy before sorting out housing, so she no longer has access according to housing people but still needs to decline by email. Note to any other decliners, as it seems a separate process.

My son received his housing timeslot today (non-LLP). It’s May 9 at 5:00pm. Anyone else hear today? If so, what timeslot?

@CamandCam My son received same as yours

@Eggscapgoats , thanks for the reply. My son signed his housing contract in the morning of September 20. How about y’all?

We paid Housing deposit Sept 19. My daughters time is May 8 @5:00

@CamandCam His housing deposit was paid close to noon, Sept 20. My son and his roommate would like a modular and any location would be fine. Should be interesting!

Haven’t heard a thing. Have double checked emails and everything of when paid. Housing timestamp on Howdy for completed application was Sept 19 728pm.

@sweeney1996 During this application process, my son’s experience has been that there is sometimes no apparent rhyme or reason for the timing of emails and snail mail from Tamu. Maybe their program sometimes crashes before completing its task…who knows?? Over the next few years, I’m guessing there will be many more times that we’ll be thinking “whats going on?!?” Bet you will get that email soon!

@52AG82 , thanks! @Eggscapgoats , yes, it should be interesting. We’ll see how this goes. Let the games begin! :smile:

It looks like they changed the timeline to now get your notification sometime up until almost the end of May! So since we did not pay our deposit until late (November), I am guessing many will have already chosen a room before we even get notification. Does anyone know how it works if they have chosen a roommate through the roommate finder that has an earlier time slot? We have been checking the email daily just in case he gets something as we would hate to miss it.

@NPBoyMomof2 If the roommates are “linked” in roommate finder (ie they agree to be roommates with one another), then the person with the earlier time can put both in a room.