Housing for Physicists or Scientists

Good morning all,
I have a question, for some reason I can’t find out if physicists live “together” in some specific or preferable dorm. If some housing is a cluster of physicists or scientists in general. ( Like Engineering students have their Halls). Somebody has information about it ? Thank you

Search under living learning communities to see if it’s offered for that major.

AggieMomhelp- thank you for your reply. I did and still couldn’t find anything. If my son decides to go with Physics, he would like to live with people who share the same or similar major, or scientists. It’s hard to find the right housing. I guess we have to keep looking and eventually we will have to schedule an appointment with advisor.
Thank you.

You can call the residence dept. they can tell you. But if you aren’t finding the llc online then they probably don’t be one. To be honest, he will find his people through clubs and classes. Then sophomore year, they can live together off campus. It all works out.

AggieMomhelp- you are right, of course he will find “his” people:-) I’m just surprised that we were not able to find people with this or similar major in cluster, I guess. Thank you

For whatever reason there aren’t a ton of options for living learning communities. It’s really for the larger majors. I will say it’s pretty good to be diverse in that first year to see what’s what. They are going to be exposed to so much and it’s great to be open to other types of people with different interest. Trust me, study groups for all classes are created. Especially for the first year. They’ll gravitate to each other. What’s the phrase… misery loves company lol!?

Will he be an in honors housing?

I’ll just throw out there that many schools actually have their living/learning communities purposefully representative of different majors. IMO, it’s great socially to have a larger friend base than just who you will be seeing in classes. I know TAMU is a big school but once you are even a sophomore in the throws of your major, it suddenly becomes a much smaller group of students. Living with people from other majors can truly be a positive thing.

Thank you all for your answers. Of course, you are right, all of you-:slight_smile:
Sybylla, he can be, but I’m not sure that it would be great idea. He is recovering from his illness, and I’m not sure that too much pressure is wise right now. I don’t know how demanding Honors classes would be, on top of his regular classes. He gets the studying, but not sure he needs more obligation from Honors. We’ll see. He got admitted to A&M. He’s in engineering review, but strongly thinking about changing to physics. That’s why we trying to find out as much as possible.