Housing options for girls besides suites and Tut.?

<p>My dd just made her enrollment deposit. The UA remains her top choice. She is considering rushing, but still hasn’t completely decided. She’s concerned that Tut. would not be the best location if she does not end up rushing. She’s still sitting at an ACT of 29, so she’ll qualify for honors likely, but not full tuition. She took the ACT again this past Saturday and is also giving the SAT another go, but we just don’t know. If she doesn’t get the 30, the suites might be a bit more than she wants to spend. What are some other traditional dorm options for a female majoring in engineering? Should she consider Blount? She’s fine with a female only option or a co-ed style. She’s wanting something somewhat modern and closer to the engineering buildings if possible.</p>

<p>I would like to know this too. My daughter really wants to go to bama, but she does not qualify for the full oos tuition her brothers have. If she goes there, she will probably have to live in a regular dorm. She wants to rush but is not sure.</p>

<p>Blount would be a very good option, if it’s available to her. It’s a beautiful building and is right across the street from the Ridgecrest complex.</p>

<p>From what I recall, Blount is a living learning community which entails a certain curriculum. It is not just a residence hall. One has to apply (might be invite only) and be accepted.</p>

<p>blount might require classes that wouldn’t fit an eng’rs schedule.</p>

<p>However, what about Burke?</p>

<p>There is also Parham.</p>

<p>Blount is an option. It does house a living learning community and some honors students but my daughter, not in either of those programs, is living there now.</p>

<p>Our DD has 3 of 5 classes in the Engineering complex. She’s a freshman living in Tut and has no issues getting to classes. Tut is no where close to modern, but she wanted a traditional dorm style for her freshman year and we were thrilled with the all girls set up. She also has friends in Tut who did not rush and who rushed and were released. All of them are doing great. Parham and Burke are really just as close. Glad she got her deposit in already. That’ll give her choices when room selection rolls around.</p>