Housing questions

What is the price of the suites in Burke?
I was not able to choose a roommate so I will be doing random… Is there any way that you can be matched with another student who has not selected a roommate based on compatabilty from the survey we took on mybama?
Hope someone is able to answer these questions! Roll tide!

If you go to Bama Housing website, the rates are there.

I don’t know the answer to your other question…maybe @UAHousing will see this and answer.

It doesn’t list Burke with the 4 bedroom unit price and I have heard someone say that the Burke suites are the same price as double occupancy Burke rooms? Is this true?

^^
I don’t know, but that makes sense. there are 2 kids per room…double occupancy. And since there is no separate rate listing for Burke, that makes sense.

Yes, it’s the same rate as a double occupancy.

We do not match based on compatibility. The roommate profile is there to help you search for roommates. When we make assignments later, we will be working what space is available, and using what students selected as their residence hall preferences to make assignments.

Hope this helps,
Janine

Ok thank you!

Ok one more question sorry! Do the Burke suites have a kitchen area like the other suite style dorms do?

Burke Suites are much different, All they have in the common living area is a small sink and a cabinet with a small mini Refrigerator and Freezer,

Note on Burke Suites: The double rooms in the suites have bunk beds that CANNOT be unbunked. If you don’t want to sleep in a bunk bed, better look for something else. We discovered this the same night my son was signing up for his dorm room last year! (and he had been planning on a suite in Burke) Might not be a big deal to some, but he had no intention of sleeping in a bunk bed.

<<<<
Burke Suites are much different, All they have in the common living area is a small sink and a cabinet with a small mini Refrigerator and Freezer,

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

Can students bring a microwave?

In the common room there is no microwave however in the bedrooms there is usually another mini refrigerator that has a mini microwave attached to the top of it.

@UAHousing

My son was very lucky to grab a single in a 3 person suite.

We were not sure if we would end up paying single room rate or double. Can you please clarify?

Thank you.

He’s in a single, so it’s a different room in a traditional hall, which is a projected rate of $3250.

Here’s a copy of the rate sheet: http://housing.ua.edu/pdfs/2015-2016%20Residence%20Hall%20Rates_Projected.pdf

Hope this helps,
Janine

I got in a double occupancy room in burke but have no roommate. If in the end it never fills up would I have to pay a single occupancy rate?

@UAHousing
Thank you. That is what I thought, but he was trying to convince me otherwise. Still, we feel it is the best deal on campus. He gets the benefit of the suite without having to clean his own bathroom in a dorm with dining hall and at the fraction of the cost of new suites.

@Eharris97
No, you will pay double. And most likely you will have a roommate assigned pretty soon as there are many students who still do not have assigned housing selection dates. They will be placed by housing when selection closes.

:slight_smile:

@Eharris97 UA does not charge students higher rates if one of the beds is empty. You are supposed to keep that area clean as you might get a new roommate with little advance notice.