Housing room numbers

<p>My DS and roomies are preparing for tomorrow’s housing selection. In looking at the instructions, it seems that you are presented with a list of available suites and you choose one of them that has enough room for everyone. The piece I don’t see, is anything that shows you where the rooms are actually located in the building. For example - is the room close to the common kitchen/laundry/game room etc? Might want to know this to determine which suite is quieter. I’ve never been able to find a layout of the buildings - with room numbers - similar to what you’d see if picking a cabin on a cruise ship or something. I can see the floorplans of the suites - but not the building.</p>

<p>Anyone know if this is available and where to find it?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Log on to mybama and go into the room selection portal. At the top you will see a series of 13-14 items including roommate preferences, roommate selection, etc. Scroll to the end and you will see an option to look at each dorm floor plan. </p>

<p>If they are planning on Ridgecrest South my DD lives there this year. Here is what was recommended to her as far as noise from the basketball court: Rooms in north tower with numbers ending in 10-18 will face the court and while the courts technically close at 10 pm, there is sometimes noise later than that. I would recommend rooms in north tower room numbers 04-07 for the view. (if that is important)
Other than that I haven’t heard of noise issues in any of the suites. My DS lived in Lakeside West for 2 years when it was honors, and also lived in Ridgecrest West. Neither of my kids complained about noise but maybe they weren’t near anything like a laundry or game room.</p>

<p>Thanks! That’s exactly the type of info. I was looking for. I knew my CC friends would come through!</p>

<p>Any advice for room selection for Presidential?</p>

<p>Also wanted to add that the bedrooms are a different size on the fifth floor of RCS than the floors below it. My daughter did the picking last year and pulled in 3 roommates. The only suites with 4 available spots were on the fifth floor. She put herself in the B room because on the map they don’t look much different. Come to find out the A and D rooms are quite a bit bigger on that floor due to an overhang the other floors don’t have. She was pretty disappointed since she had put herself in the smaller room but got over it quickly.</p>