How about those Hispanic students who don't score well on PSAT

but later end up scoring well on the SAT/ACT? Any hope for “NHRP type” scholarship offers or are you out of luck without a strong PSAT? I do understand that one can only become an NHRP Scholar based on PSAT.

So you mean other scholarships just for Hispanics based on a high SAT?

Yeah or something like that. I guess I’m asking would a school known for NHRP scholarship offers, say University of Arizona (as an example) end up offering anything to Hispanic students with high GPA & high SAT, but a PSAT too low for NHRP.

So PSAT under NHRP cut-off, but then SAT ends up above that cut-off figure.

There is a totally different world of scholarships out there for hispanics. MHRP is just one of the opportunites. Both of my S’s didn’t well in the PSAT but had great ACT/SAT scores that allow them to have full tuition or close too scholarships.

You will need to check every school website to dig for them. After that apply on time.

Thanks for the response. Indeed we’ll check by school. I’m thinking those schools who favor NHRP probably isn’t a bad place to start.

You will be surprise that schools that give very little NHRP money do give a lot to other minorities. In some like the University of Alabama hava great scholarships for all applicants.