How can I watch the band during halftime?

<p>My son is in the MDB and I want to be able to see his show during halftime. Since they never show the halftime shows on TV, is there a way to stream it or watch it somewhere on the internet? Of course, I want to support the football team, but I’m really in it for the band:)</p>

<p>I’ll be coming for parent’s weekend but I would really like to see the band in action some other games. Thanks.
RTR</p>

<p>I think that besides going to the games, there is no other way. However, if you find out how, I would love to know as well.</p>

<p>Calling NJBAMA. You must know the answer to this. It seems you know the answer to everything football related. I know at other schools they stream the football game over the internet, but I was not sure about the halftime show.</p>

<p>hokie: You are right. They don’t show the half-time show on ESPN3…</p>

<p>wonder if ‘we’ requested it if they would…</p>

<p>I too would love to see the band at halftime. Looking forward to hearing an answer to this question!</p>

<p>I’m sorry but I don’t know the answer. I’ll ask around though and let you know what I hear. </p>

<p>At the very least you’d think The MDB would have someone record their performances and show them on their website. It wouldn’t be live but at least you could watch your kids.</p>

<p>NJBAMA</p>

<p>You are probably right about the recording. My son’s band did that in high school so they could review the video during class time and correct mistakes and of course see what they did right. I bet the does record their performances, if for no other reason to have a history of what they are doing. I’ll ask my son whenever he calls home which isn’t too often if they are going to do that…</p>

<p>I knew you would know the answer:)
RTR</p>

<p>It is weird that at least some of these performances are not put on video. </p>

<p>My son’s musical group performances are not put on video either however, I did find out that the music is recorded. So we have been able to buy CD’s.</p>

<p>^^^Please let us know the answer.</p>

<p>Although I cry about my high parents day seats, I did love the view of the band.</p>

<p>Thanks for bringing this up, as I will think of the great view of the band I will get as our 50+ year old knees are screaming at us!</p>

<p>Hey everyone, I am also a member of the MDB, and Dr. O told us that for copyright reasons, no bands have their halftime shows shown on TV. However, I have found a decent recording of yesterday’s halftime performance on youtube.<br>
[Million</a> Dollar Band Halftime Show- (Kent State Game September 2nd 2011) - YouTube](<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube)</p>

<p>Thanks for posting that Stressmuffin!! FUN!! I had forgotten all about the copyright issue, but you are exactly right. There is a story of a high school posting part of a play on youtube. They had eliminated a swear word and the author tried to sue them for copyright infringement!</p>

<p>Hi All,</p>

<p>My son just sent me the same link as Stressmuffin just posted. He said playing for the band was awesome. It is really a moving video. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.</p>

<p>Watched the video. Awesome! </p>

<p>I can’t figure out the shapes they made.</p>

<p>Was there a shape when the Elvis song Suspicious Minds played?</p>

<p>and, what was written when they played Amazing Grace (I think that is what played…lol)</p>

<p>During the YouTube video that I often post, there is a mention that the Million Dollar Band won the Sudler Trophy in 2003. The video doesn’t mention that that honor can only be bestowed one time.</p>

<p>The last song is a medley of My Home’s in Alabama and Amazing Grace. The band spells out Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>I appreciate having a chance to see the band! thank you!</p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>

<p>I couldn’t hear the announcer well, but, the spelling out of Tuscaloosa left me a bit tear-y</p>

<p>Thanks for the link!</p>

<p>Crimson, thanks!..ahh…now I see…Tuscaloosa…I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a big word spelled out so I just couldn’t figure it out.</p>

<p>What was the shape during the Elvis song?</p>

<p>According to the Crimson-White, that’s the first time EVER Tuscaloosa has been spelled out by the band:</p>

<p>[Marching</a> into a new season | The Crimson White](<a href=“YouA moves from Youtube – The Crimson White”>YouA moves from Youtube – The Crimson White)</p>

<p>Neat.</p>

<p>As I was reading the thread, I was going to suggest You-tube. And what do you know. My guess is that there is a mom or dad their every game, and the performance goes up on You-tube by the next day! </p>

<p>We go to FSU games, and the pregame and half-time shows ARE THE BEST. I love watching the band. (OK confession, we were all bandies: my dad played clarinet, I played clarinet, 2 sisters played clarinet and one played flute, and my kids played bassoon and oboe. None of us played past high school, but we all love a great half-time show.)</p>

<p>Emotional tribute to the people of Tuscaloosa. Way to go MDB! RTR</p>