How difficult is HL Chemistry?

<p>How hard would you guys say it is? Keep in mind i'll be taking it with Biology and Economics HL. </p>

<p>Not that bad. My friend did those 3 and she considered Economics to be the hardest. There are alot of onlince resources like <a href=“Scribd: Ebooks, Audiobooks & More - Read Free for 30 Days”>http://www.scribd.com/collections/2502983/Chemistry&lt;/a&gt; AND <a href=“Richard Thornley - YouTube”>Richard Thornley - YouTube; .</p>

<p>@arcticmonkies Economics the hardest? That’s something i’ve never expected to hear considering the general consensus is that economics is one of the <em>easier</em> HL’s. This just proves to show that difficulty is relative and this makes me feel more at ease by taking the <em>harder</em> HL (psychology) over economics cause econ is just boring! </p>

<p>Thanks for the links! </p>

<p>@pink997 No the easiest HLs are Geo and English lang and lit in my opinion. The hardest being Physics and MAth probably.</p>

<p>Chemistry is really interesting at HL even though they are some super tough concepts like in Organic. The syllabus is changing for exams in 2016 though so I’m not sure.</p>

<p>@arcticmonkies I agree with you on the hardest HL’s being maths and physics and the one of the easier ones being geography but English? NO. Haha my school’s counselor discouraged me from taking it because of the shear difficulty of getting 7’s as only around 2-3% of students achieve 7’s each year! But maybe it also has something to do with the English teachers at your school being better that the English teachers at my school? </p>

<p>@pink997 whoa really? We get on average like 30% of students receiving 7s. I think it’s easy because of the relatively small weighting of the final exam compared to other subjects and I suppose are teachers are really experienced. But at the end of the day to each their own and you should take classes that you’re most interested in at HL.</p>

<p>@arcticmonkies I’ve honestly got no idea of the % of students who get 7’s in HL English because I don’t currently attend the IB school I’ll be going to next year. </p>

<p>A question: Does your school offer psychology? If they do, do people find it difficult or is it manageable? </p>

<p>@pink997 psychology is known to be not particularly difficult and is quite manageable. Which courses were you thinking of taking?</p>

<p>@arcticmonkies I’m planning on taking HL: Psych/Bio/Chem and SL: Maths/Spanish Ab initio/English L&L </p>

<p>However, everyone is telling me to take economics over psychology because a) it’s easier to get a 7 in and b) it’ll keep my options more open. But I don’t think that is a good idea since I’ve hated IGCSE economics and have regretting choosing it for the past 2 years. Plus, psych is SOO much more interesting! </p>

<p>Seems manageable right? </p>