How do you calculate your UCLA GPA?

<p>Does anyone know how to calculate their UCLA GPA. Isn't it you IGETC GPA and your major transfer courses GPA??? Cuz when i calculated it, I have a 3.145 as of now. If I do get a "C" in Calc2 (major transfer course), I will have a 3.059. I don't see where my evaluator got the 2.85 gpa that she says I have now. I wonder if she was lying.</p>

<p>I guess no one here knows. :(</p>

<p>UCLA gpa is the same as UC gpa. It covers all the uc transferable courses. The non transferable courses are usually ESL and other remedial courses.</p>

<p>If you look at averages for each major, UCLA doesn't admitt anyone below 2.8. And the competitive majors are usually 3.2+.</p>

<p>In my case, I have over 90 units. Most of them (I mean except 2 or 3 classes) are UC transferable. I don't think they would transfer all my UC transferables. I assume they would only transfer the courses that fall into the IGETC and my major pre-reqs. Even if they did transfer all my UC-tranferable courses, my GPA would be higher than what I stated above. If my evaluator was correct about the 2.85 gpa i have now, then there must be a different formula to calculate the UCLA GPA. Or perhaps they or I have reported incorrect grades. IDK.</p>

<p>Haha, why aren't you on AIM highschooda?</p>

<p>McChowder, I've been told that all the UC transferable classes do transfer and u will get subject credit for all of them. However, u will only get 70 units to count towards the graduation requirement.</p>

<p>REALLY?! Then either my evaluator is transferring only my worst grades, or somehow my grades are incorrect. My current cum. gpa is 3.31. I can't see how the tranfer grades process could bring it down to a 2.85. Thx for the new info.</p>

<p>Don't u go to smc? Ur SMC transcript that is acceseble online has uc transferable gpa and non uc transferable gpa. Ur GPA should not be a mystery to u.</p>

<p>I know. My SMC uc-transfer gpa is a 3.51. But i went to a CCC before that, but this CCC doesn't show it. It just shows my cum. gpa which is a 3.01. Calculating both schools gpa gives me 3.31 current cumulative. I really hope what you say is true, cuz then that would mean that my withdrawal of admission was done on false information. I mean 2.85!!! I wonder where she got that gpa?</p>

<p>seems like there is major confusion, take all ur transcripts and go c several counselors at smc... THis shouldn't be that complicated. it's making calculating gpa, which is arithmetic, seem harder than multivariable calculus. :)</p>

<p>Oh my goodness! I really hope what you say is true!!! If you are messing w/ my head............. I'm not a dummy either. Don't need to see a SMC counselor to calculate my GPA. I know it is a cumaltive of 3.31 rite now. Tomorrow, I will ask R. Inks what this 2.85 mess is all about.</p>

<p>maybe thats ur major gpa?</p>

<p>Is that the gpa for only my pre-req major courses like what is listed in assist.org??? Cuz I just calculated it and it is a 3.10 (that's w/ a "C" in calc2 which i haven't taken yet).</p>

<p>i have no clue... thats the only other gpa that i've ever heard mentioned.</p>

<p>I really hope you are rite about the things you have said. My roommate confirms your statement also. If there has been some kind of mistake, I am going to demand work compensation and that they let me take the calc2 final in the summer. I mean the past week has been hell for me, and i've taken two and a half weeks off work because of this calc2 test. (Have been saving for rent cuz I planned not to live in those small ridiculous UCLA dorm rooms),</p>

<p>why dont you type out all of the classes you have taken with your grades and calculate your gpa. </p>

<p>I can send you an excel spreadsheet that will do the calculations for you , you just type in the class, units, and grade points you earned for that course.</p>

<p>Malishka31, your so awesome! Always offering help to people. Thx, but i know how to calculate it. Just don't know how UCLA calculates it. I have a 3.31 rite now. I think all the courses i have taken are uc-transferable (i know all my smc courses are). Just to be safe, i stated on this thread that maybe 2-3 or non-transferable. My problem is that my UCLA counselor said I have a 2.85 (current) UCLA GPA. If what everyone is saying is true, then I am perplexed at how she got the 2.85. How the hell would I have gotten admitted with that GPA anyways? I think there has been a big mistake.</p>

<p>who is your councelor?</p>

<p>nevermind, it some cassandra lady.</p>

<p>Does anyone know their ucla gpa. If yes, then was there a big discrepancy between their cumulative and UCLA GPA???</p>