How do you report D's to UCs?

<p>I received 2 D’s in AP chemistry and AP calculus first semester of my senior year. I have already been admitted to UC Riverisde under Bioengineering. I have a friend that goes to UCR and I asked him to ask the counselors there if they will rescind me for the two D’s. They said they won’t as long as I bring both grades up to a C for the second semester. But I would still have to report my D’s from my first semester. I’m not sure how to write it. I wasn’t hit with senioritis or anything. I just had a really hard time understanding both classes. I had A’s in the rest of my classes. I have to send both the D’s soon, but I don’t know how to write it. The UCs have requested that I send my grades to the UC Application center as soon as possible. It’s been over two months. I really don’t know what to do!</p>

<p>Unfortunately, you won’t be able to attend UC Riverside.</p>

<p>Quote from UCR Website:
“If you received a D or F grade during your senior year you may no longer be eligible for admission to UC Riverside. Please send an e-mail to <a href=“mailto:admit@ucr.edu”>admit@ucr.edu</a>, notifying your Admissions Counselor of your deficient grade. Be sure to include your name, date of birth, and student ID number.”</p>

<p>See [After</a> you apply | UC Admissions](<a href=“http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/after-you-apply/index.html]After”>http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/after-you-apply/index.html)</p>

<p>Do NOT write this on your own. Work with your counselor. You need to write a letter of explanation. A good letter says you regret the situation, accepts responsibility (eg. don’t blame the lousy teacher), and explains what you will do to fix it. I don’t know if you will be rescinded and I doubt the poster in #2 knows either, but you need to get this letter off soon.</p>

<p>If you have this much trouble in HS classes, you might want to think again about whether bioengineering is right for you.</p>

<p>@xcyl40 For this case, that may be true, but that’s not true in general. It says “…you may no longer be eligible for admission…”</p>

<p>Anyway, I’ve known people who’ve received one D and have kept their acceptances…but two D’s? That may just be a deal breaker.</p>

<p>If you’re transfer you should talk to them. If you’re freshmen… Not so sure about that.</p>