How does A&M calculate rank percentage on schools that don’t rank ?

Hi , does anyone know this ? My daughter has auto admission based on SAT score and she is top 25% ( but her school doesn’t rank ) . They just give a cutoff list on their school website of lowest gpa you can have to fall into each quartile .

My question is … how would A&M know she is top 25% if her school doesn’t rank ? Can she somehow self report that school listed breakdown by gpa when she self reports her gpa ? Or does A&M somehow do their own calculation ?

Thanks !

They do their own calculation. It’s a mystery to me as to how it’s actually done now with the SRAR but it worked out fine for my son. I haven’t seen anyone say they should have been ranked higher by A&M so I’m just trusting that they have a system that is fair and works.

I know last year one person said their daughter missed top 25% according to A&M but in actuality she was in it … but they did not change it and she was not admitted. Yes my daughter is hovering right around edge of 25% with her 4.9 gpa ( competitive hs). She is in , but just barely … guess we will see what happens !

“how would A&M know she is top 25% if her school doesn’t rank?”

They could probably make a pretty good guess based on the school profile, no?

They have gpa/sat stats (75% - 25%) for the school as a whole. They perform some statistical math to guesstimate where they fall on the distribution.