How is UM Meteorology?

Anyone in the program? I know it is a top one in the nation but specifics? Anyone experience it, how hard it was? Have a friend in it? Thanks.

They have the world’s biggest wave pool to study surface interactions and hurricanes. It’s so cool!

@planktongirl wow! Do you just declare the major from the start or apply after sophomore year?

ohhhh, sorry, I think I’ve given you the impression that I’m a student. I only toured it and hope to go. I think for oceanography you declare first thing. It’s probably the same for meteorology, but I’m not even sure I’m right. Sorry… not so helpful. But everything is really nice and they’re updating Rosenstiel.

@planktongirl No worries! I just wanted someone who had basic info on the program and you gave that to me! Thank you!

Yep!

@planktongirl one more thing! Presidential scholarship, what is the criteria? I would mot be going to UM without money.
Also, if you don’t mind me asking, what was your ACT/SAT score to get in?

I’m not a student there, but I got a 2100. I’m actually taking the ACT today :slight_smile: Some one told me you could get the Pres Scholarship with a 2000 or a 33. I’m really not sure. The admissions counselor was very equivocal so…

@planktongirl thanks!