How rigorous is Geneseo?

<p>Hi, I'm a high school senior who is trying to look into SUNY Geneseo and get information about the school to see if I can transfer to the school after my freshmen year.</p>

<p>I need to know if the academics for Liberal Arts & Science and Business are nationally competitive to get As in the classes.</p>

<p>How intense is Geneseo academically?</p>

<p>Are there tutoring hours available to assist students in a small group or one-on-one personal attention with the professors/higher level students with studies/homework help?</p>

<p>I’m currently a second semester freshman majoring in bio. I can tell you it’s tough, many kids have switched out of science majors and the professors expect us to put in the hours for their work.
However I was able to get to know almost all of my first semester professors very well and there’s a ton of personal help available. The majority of professors that I have had really do want to see you do well and succeed. There’s tutors available in some form or another (learning centers and class tutors) and most of my professors are good with office hours (some aren’t so great but they’re helpful when they’re around, the rest hold review sessions and stick around as long as they can to help.) </p>

<p>Overall I think if someone puts in their best effort, it should be worthwhile and you should get decent to good grades. There’s many resources available here and the personal attention/small atmosphere is very important IMHO. Doesn’t feel like a state school sometimes…
I even managed to do no studying today, i’ll have to pay for it tomorrow but you’ll still find time to relax now and then.</p>

<p>Anywho, hope that gave a small window into the academics, if you have any other questions i’ll be happy to give my two cents. Now off to go study for the three exams I have this coming week. :P</p>