How to pay for tuition. Grants/Loans

So I have committed to UoA, but now I’m looking at the out of state tuition and it is quite a hefty price to pay. Can anyone tell me from past experience or from past experiences of someone you know. What type of aid does the school offer you after they determine what kind of aid you need? Also what grants and loans were made available and how much was the final price for you guys?

I don’t know anything about UofA, but schools give you your financial aid package when you get your acceptance (or soon after and definitely before the May 1st commit date). So why are asking about FA, now? You should have an offer in hand and you should have considered this before committing.

ETA: Most schools don’t give OOS FA.

I was just admitted a week ago. UoA transfer deadline isn’t until July 1st.

Gotcha. I assumed a freshman. Sorry I can’t answer your questions. But the general advice on CC is most schools don’t give OOS aid and most aid is for freshmen not transfers. So you probably shouldn’t expect much.

What about loans? How is the UoA on that? Or should I be expecting to get loan from outside of the school?

How much do you need? You can only borrow a limited amount from the feds. The rest would be parental or cosigned private loans. Then you will go through the hell of paying them back over the next 30 plus years after you graduate.

Not sure why people are saying that most schools do not provide OOS financial aid. That is completely false. Yes, schools give aid for OOS students. The best aid is based on Merit (i.e. grades). UA has Merit award packages for incoming Freshmen and Transfer OOS students. You can learn more here: https://financialaid.arizona.edu/types-aid/scholarships/scholarships-0 And if you qualify for need-based financial aid, you can still get that if you attend an OOS university as a transfer student. There are federal grants so it does not matter which school you go it. It’s all based on how much you or your parents make. You need to file a FAFSA in order to see what you qualify for. You can learn more here: https://financialaid.arizona.edu/undergraduate/how-apply-aid-current-students

I just want to confirm that they offered me more than enough aid and loans to cover the entire year. I got 10,000+ in grants and the rest in loans half of which are subsidized. They offer way more than is needed because they also offer loans to cover personal expenses and miscellaneous expenses.