HSF Hispanic Scholarship Fund???

Congratulations @plsacceptme101 !!! In the FAQ it says that scholarship recipients are “sent scholarship funds via email or electronic transfer”, so I’m assuming the money gets sent to you directly.

So can you win both Univision and HSF?
And for the people already in college, who do you ask to be your recommenders? Do professors actually take the time to help you out or do you have to look elsewhere?

Kid got an email, b/t 500 and 5,000. The way I’m reading the email, he won’t know the amount until he is enrolled as a full-time student. Does anyone know if the award can be deferred?

“No. HSF requires all recipients to be enrolled full time at a U.S. accredited four year college/university or graduate school for the fall term in the year in which they are awarded. Please note, official institution deferments, documented leaves of absence and gap year programs in the fall will not be considered.”

I hope it is sent to me directly. I got $5000! Apparently only 34 people are chosen, honestly did not expect to win at all… I wonder how competitive the scholarship is

@aurelio97 apparently we can only win one, so for me it is only the Univision scholarship. I saw a girl won a $500 leadership one from HSF yesterday

Hello! I was sent an email from HSF saying I received an award. I was an HSF General scholarship applicant.

Good luck to you all! Prayer really does work! :slight_smile:

@plsacceptme101 How do you know only 34 were selected for the scholarship? (Just wondering!)

@PeacefulWorld Congrats!! What time did you get your email and did you apply last year?

@PeacefulWorld I was looking at the Becas Univision FAQ and it says 34 were chosen for this specific scholarship and each get 5k! http://sassy-hsf.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/univision/program-description.html

Congrats to everyone that got something! :slight_smile: and to everyone who hasn’t heard yet we’ll be okay… Eventually lol

@wormer97 Thank you! I got the email today at 1pm. I will be a college freshman this coming year so this is my first year applying!

Congrats but you saying that youre a freshman makes me feel worse that i havent gotten an email since im a freshman too.

^^me too :frowning: But oh well

Don’t lose hope! Did you guys apply to the Univision one? If not, then I think those results were released today. If you applied to the regular HSF only, then tomorrow is the last day!

@ecruz22 @amstrad if you didn’t only apply to the Univision one, then there is still hope!! ^^

I still haven’t heard anything yet either:-. We just have to stay positive!

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if the scholarship award went to the students directly or the college?
Good luck to everyone!

@Aurelio97 I got my rec from a high school teacher, since I wasn’t close to any of my professors. HSF said it was fine.