HSF Hispanic Scholarship Fund???

I do not believe it is wise to disclose my scholarship amount. The application was a little bit different than last year as you had to apply for the General Scholarship as well as other ones that you believe you may qualify for. This year, I only found one application.

As long as your essays hold dear to you, you should be awarded. I made sure that I got emotional during my essays last year!

Well I poured my heart out on those essays, so I hope its good enough! :slight_smile:

Good deal!

Chemical engineering sophomore :stuck_out_tongue:

" Wow im going to be freshman now im wondering if i have a chance to get the scholarship. "

Incoming freshmen, current undergrads, and grad students are all in separate pools :slight_smile:

@Lilliana330 im also going to Che Eng. Any advice?

@Amstrad It’s pretty hit or miss: you either love it or hate it lol. Your Intro to ChemE class will be pretty straightforward. Things get real sophomore yr, when people take thermodynamics, which can be a dealbreaker for many; however, it all comes down to whether you really enjoy ChemE. I really love it so far & will stick it w/it through all, but not everyone feels the same way.

A lot of stuff is school specific. Some schools try to weed out ChemE’s (all types of engineers, really) while others will try to maintain high retention rates. Whatever the case, make sure you use all resources available! When you’re taking math/ChemE/chem/physics at once, things can get a bit overwhelming. So go to things like tutoring sessions or form study groups. Tutoring in high school usually has a remedial aspect, but in college even A students use it to help keep their A’s. Also, don’t be afraid to seek out professors’ help.

Finally, make sure to schedule some down time for yourself. Get involved in clubs, go hang out w/friends, etc. Good luck :slight_smile:

I had a question on the email someone received of them notifying us by July 10th. Does that mean theyll start notifying people and they hope to finish by July 10th or does it mean that they want to notify everyone on July 10th

" theyll start notifying people and they hope to finish by July 10th"

this

Thanks

@BTWarrior Did you have to reapply as a totally new candidate this year? Were the essays different? Also, did they pay the scholarship directly to your school, or did this pay it to you?

The essays were different. Once you are notified, they send you an enrollment verification form you have the registrar fill out and stamp with the school seal. You mail that back and a check was mailed directly to me.

Yes I did have to apply as a new candidate.

@BTWarrior Since the check was sent directly to you, did you report this scholarship to your university?

Yes. In my online student account, there is a form to report outside scholarships.

@BTWarrior since you received the scholarship before, and everyone made it as a finalist I wanted to know what it actually takes to get the scholarship. So what were your qualifications last year, other than the good essays?

As far as qualifications goes, I am a STEM major. That is a big plus for companies. Of course I am hispanic. I am currently a senior in geoscience studying meteorites in thin section. Very few do this with petrographic microscopes. Perhaps my biggest thing that stood me out is the fact I batter brain tumors. I can only live my life 3 months at a time, the time between my doctor visits and tests.

Has anyone been notified?

No. From previous posts, it may be a little while longer. :((

I’m trying to forget for a few days but can’t :-<

They tweeted twice today…

Stay close to your inbox, we are in the process of finalizing our scholar selection & will be informing students soon.

Hopefully soon!!!