Hypatia Rejection

<p>So I applied to Hypatia. I wrote two essays (one on being in a community and one on my greatest challenge). Neither one was really amazing nor bad. But I got an email today saying that I was rejected from Hypatia for the next school year, does anyone know if there is an appeals process or some form of a waiting list? </p>

<p>And in regards to why I might have been rejected; other than your essays, what else do the Hypatia admission reviewers look for/at?</p>

<p>You are in Engineering correct? You are a female, correct? If the answer to both is “yes” then I’m shocked! </p>

<p>I’d contact the Hypatia representative directly with your questions:</p>

<p>For more information about Hypatia please contact Susan Arnold Christian, assistant director, Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity, at <a href=“mailto:hypatia@vt.edu”>hypatia@vt.edu</a>.</p>

<p>Yes and Yes. I don’t remember if I filled out the housing contract before I submitted the application. That is the only thing that I think might be off about my application.</p>

<p>UPDATE: I just checked my email, the woman in charge of Hypatia said it was an error. It turns out I was accepted. Thank you for the idea of sending her an email :)</p>

<p>:) !!!</p>