I just want to know more

<p>I'm looking to move pretty far away from Texas for college and I came across Lewis & Clark and really liked it. But, I don't really know how the culture in Portland is... I don't have enough money to visit, so I would just like someone who lives there to tell me what it's like. Also, if you go there would you think I'd fit in? I'm a very very relaxed person who is a frequent concert goer, and I don't really care about anything except when it comes to education. But, I hear that the people that make friends easiest over there are into sports, and aren't... off beat. If you've lived in both Houston and Portland, which is really unlikely, then your input would be so valuable, but anything is valuable, really. Thanks....</p>

<p>One suggestion on the travel limitation: L&C does have a program to help students with financial need with travel expenses and a visit weekend. If you don’t meet the other qualifications they list as getting priority but do have financial need, consider applying anyway; not all the slots are necessarily taken by the listed groups. You can learn more here–<a href=“Admissions • Lewis & Clark”>https://college.lclark.edu/offices/admissions/multicultural_recruitment/lead/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Everything you described about yourself actually sounds like a reasonable fit for the student body and the area. And on the sports front, as a parent of a student at L&C, I’ve heard that there are plenty of students who don’t follow sports, along with plenty who do, and the key to finding friends at this school or any small college is to get involved early with activities and groups that interest you and probably will attract like minded others.</p>

<p>More about visits: Here’s a list of other colleges that may help with visit costs too: <a href=“Articles | Cappex”>Articles | Cappex;

<p>There’s a big sign in Portland - Keep Portland Weird. It’s accurate. I think the majority of LC students don’t follow sports. They have open mic nights for singers, players, one act shows… There’s lots for a music person to like.</p>

<p>Hey! I’m a current student–I just finished my first year. I just posted a long reply here to another post if you want to read through that: <a href=“Lewis and Clark College - looking for opinions from students there? - Lewis & Clark College - College Confidential Forums”>Lewis and Clark College - looking for opinions from students there? - Lewis & Clark College - College Confidential Forums;

<p>I think most students here (and people in the Pacific Northwest) are pretty laid back, there are always great concerts in Portland, and there are always L&C students looking for other L&C people to go with them to said concerts. I think those two personality traits would fit right in with a lot of people I know! I wouldn’t worry about your ability to make friends.</p>

<p>Good luck with the college search/process! </p>

<p>Thanks guys! I have decided to apply action. You were all a big help but I kept forgetting to reply!</p>

<p>Good luck, jpena!</p>

<p>Thank you!:-)</p>