L&C "Clique"

<p>Hello Everyone! </p>

<p>I recently got accepted to Lewis and Clark and was super existed. However, the more I read online about the school the more it concerns me. I have learned that it is super "cliquey"and can be very hard to fit in. Considering I have had a bad High School experience with these kind of attitudes the reviews concern me. </p>

<p>My question: Is Lewis and Clark a cliquey High School like environment?</p>

<p>Yeah, I was wondering the same thing and haven’t gotten very many answers on the topic. What I’m hoping is that those reviews came from just a few disgruntled students. And if not, there’s a bus into Portland all the time and Portland is teeming with young people.</p>

<p>same to all of this</p>

<p>I don’t think my DD2 found it cliquey. She has friends across campus from her different clubs. Make sure you try out different things - clubs, poetry slams (yes they do those), musical offerings. You’ll find some people you like and can hang with. And as clivingston mentioned, there is always Portland nearby.</p>

<p>The way I see it any school (such as any environment you enter into) is what you make of it. You are in more controle of your reactions to other people then you think. I’ve been accepted EA, so i’ve been interested and doing a lot of research about this “cliquey/superficially alternative” rumor. I’ll come back here if i discover anything noteworthy.</p>

<p>me too. It’s the only thing holding me back because the school is otherwise pretty enticing.</p>

<p>My son graduated from L & C in 2008. He did not find the school cliquey during his time there. He was a kid who was not terribly social in his large, urban, midwest high school. He found many more friends in college and enjoyed his time there. He continues to live in Portland.</p>

<p>My son’s first few weeks experience at L&C was not very good. First, he was the third in a double, with an athlete and foreign exchange student. He found that the athletes hung out with other athletes and foreign students hung out with other foreign students, making him feel like an odd man out those first few weeks. He was able to move to another dorm, so he didn’t feel as crowded and made friends which he still keeps to today in his old and new dorm halls from his freshman year. </p>

<p>So there are cliques you won’t have a chance of breaking into, but there are a lot of other groups you can join and make friends. My son’s only limitation is whether he wants to go out that weekend or sleep in and be lazy.</p>