IB Diploma Plan Help

<p>Yes you can do stuff through clubs, but also doing hours outside of school influence is nice too since you can make it a long project-like volunteering. And hours don’t start till the beginning of your junior year. And since I have a 2 year SL/HL classes I haven’t studied for the tests but I can imagine many essays and in math we have had tests in IB format using real IB questions. It’s definitely different.</p>

<p>She does a lot of outside volunteering already. What is an IB math question? Our IB math teacher says its math problems…</p>

<p>What is IB format compared to AP?</p>

<p>My daughter’s current math teacher also teaches IB- she told my daughter that the math will be easy for her.</p>

<p>LOL And CAS isn’t just volunteering, Action and Service hours by far are the easiest. Creativity isn’t. But it’s good she volunteers. And well the format is like this: you have the math question or picture with info and there will be say two things to solve, a) and b). Then you a have a box where you have to show your work and then you answer the question outside the box like: a)_______
b)_______ etc…</p>

<p>The box limits you since you don’t have as much room and you have to answer everything in pen (right now we can use pencil but on the actual test it’s pen only). AP gives you more room to work problems but IB gives you credit to your work that you show and the answer. The questions will be worth up to a certain number of points like a problem could be up to 4 pts and if I get the answer wrong but did the write work then I get a certain amount of points counted towards me.</p>

<p>That sounds good! Can you write small? What is the HL English like? My daughter is currently taking 11th grade honors.</p>

<p>The box is about a quarter to a half a page large depending and yes you can write small. And my HL English class requires the most work, or at least at my school. We will read by the end of this semester 6 books total(3 last and 3 this), have done our IOP’s(did them in Jan), done Discussions, and everything else we do on a daily bases. Each book requires a lot of things that go with it and English is one of like 2 or 3 classes that gives lots of projects kind of.</p>

<p>Yes my daughter does a lot of reading, papers, Socratic seminars (?), research papers etc … She will be fine.</p>

<p>Yes she probably will, don’t worry</p>

<p>@Kaeroze i realized i never replied…wow sorry!</p>

<p>So basically i turned this schedule in:
Jr:
IB English III SL
IB Spanish IV SL
IB US History
IB Biology SL
IB Math SL
IH Physics SL
Swimming</p>

<p>Sr:
IB English IV HL
IB Biology HL
IB Math HL
IB Economics SL
IB Chem SL <em>OR</em> IB Physics HL
TOK
Swimming</p>

<p>HL: Calc, Bio, Eng
SL: Econ, Phys, Span</p>

<p>However now that I think about it, what will IB Econ do for me? It’s a full year course and I don’t see any benefit. Would it be smarter to take IB Environmental Systems SL instead for my Group 3 credit? I hear it is much easier.</p>