IB Geo HL or IB Eng HL?

<p>Which is easier and which is more fun? </p>

<p>The rest of my IB courses will be: </p>

<p>Math SL
French B SL
Biology HL
Chemistry HL</p>

<p>Depending on whether I take Eng or Geo HL, I'll take the other one SL. </p>

<p>I find geography fascinating but I've heard it's very time-consuming. I read National Geographic and do debate/MUN in my spare time. I love English depending on the literature studied. I used to be amazing at English but I haven't read any books lately because of my newfound interest in science.</p>

<p>I don’t know about IB Geo since it’s not offered in my school, but I am currently in my second year of IB English HL 2. I don’t think it’s that difficult; I have As so far. Why not take both? You can take 4 HL courses (which I did in my junior year).</p>

<p>I value my sleep too much. :wink: Thanks for your opinion. I think I will go through with choosing English HL.</p>

<p>If you’re in America, IB English HL is the best route. I would prefer Geo HL also, but more than likely you will not receive credit. Also, if you have to complete 4 units of English to graduate you might as well higher level in it. In IB English you just do a bunch of commentaries on literature. IB Geo is field studies, and a bunch of case studies. </p>

<p>Choose wisely! I lovee GEO too!</p>

<p>I’m in Canada. Here, the normal school curriculum has Social Studies which is basically world and Canadian history. I’m taking Social Studies 10 online because the teacher I would have gotten is rather mean-spirited. Therefore, my foundation isn’t the best but I heard that geography isn’t based on the things learned in earlier grades.<br>
I’m really looking forward to IB English. I’ve read Animal Farm and I’ve heard that 1984 is equally interesting.</p>

<p>Like bantaro said take HL. It is better for college requirements anyway.
Haha Animal Farm, prepare for some mind-changing literature in the two years to come. Read The Stranger by Albert Camus!</p>

<p>Already done so :wink: The Stranger is… interesting to say the least. I like to refer to the book as The Stranger rather than The Outsider just because the latter reminds me of The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.</p>

<p>English HL. I got enough credits to place out of English classes in college, plus it wasn’t too demanding compared to my other HLs. Good luck.</p>