IB Math HL yr1 -> calc 2 -> calc 3

I am in IB math HL year 1 (junior year) and I have done well so far. I received an opportunity to study calc 2 for free at a college over the summer. Firstly, for those of you familiar with IB math, will I have enough calc 1 foundation to study calc 2 after math HL yr 1? Secondly, if I take calc 2, should I take IB math yr 2 for a fuller foundational calculus expierence before college or take calc 3 at a community college during my senior year?

At our school IB HL math year 1 covers Calc 1 and 2. Year 2 covers additional topics.

It is impossible for us to say what it covers at your school.

AP Calc BC in my school is like Calc 2. So 1st semester is calc 1, second is calc 2. You don’t need much from Calc 1 to study calc 2 because its more about concepts and stuff like series etc. So I think if you take it over the summer you will do ok because its not as much about prior knowledge as it is about understanding concepts.

Yes AB Calc is usually college calc semester 1, BC Calc is usually Semester 2.

How schools weave that in and around HL math is very different at different schools.

I disagree that you don’t need a solid foundation. IMO you better have solid pre-calc skills before first semester and solid first semester skills before second semester.