If you don't take the AP test after writing that you would...effects?

<p>I’ve done a search on this topic in the UC forums, but the threads I’ve seen strayed off topic and didn’t answer my question. </p>

<p>I’m taking 5 AP classes this year, but I’m only planning to take 4 tests because I know I will fail the Spanish AP test. I already registered to take 4 at my school, but since I wrote down that I would take the AP Spanish test and I’m not taking it now…should I call the UCs? Do we need to notify them about this change in your application?</p>

<p>You don't need to.. AP tests can only help your app (if you passed one). Last year I listed that I would take two other AP tests (and never did). I didn't have to notify them, and they never asked me anything about it..</p>

<p>You are not required to take the AP tests. They don't care. The loss of credit only affects you.</p>

<p>u can also go the other way around right? like maybe not write any tests but then take them later and report them?</p>

<p>and for clarification again (sry i think it's been asked), when u send ur AP score report to the UCs, do they see everything? or do u have to actually call collegeboard and ask to withhold scores?</p>

<p>yes, it can go the other way as well. What ever scores we receive, more or less than what you stated on your application, are the scores we will review and issue credit for; if you want the credit for you freshman year please have the scores sent by July 15.</p>

<p>I'm not sure why you would want some scores not sent, I don't think you have that option. The UC campuses will only issue credit for scores 3, 4 or 5 and will ignore any lower scores.</p>

<p>You can withhold individual AP scores from colleges for a fee of $10 per exam per college.</p>

<p>AP:</a> Grade Reporting Services</p>

<p>UCD Admissions, I think juniors might consider this option because they're concerned that a poor performance might negatively affect their college applications. But you're right, there's no point to doing that as a senior.</p>

<p>tenacious r u talking about the spanish 4 test, cause i didn't finish most of the sections and i still got a 3...it seems like it would be worth a try</p>

<p>Like Anthony, my DD did not finish much of the test; she was in a combined Spanish 3/4AP class as a Spanish 3 student and felt she had picked up enough to give it a shot. She got a 3.</p>