In Need of More Financial Aid

Hello, I’m an incoming fresh from overseas that had just gotten into Hotchkiss. We have applied for FA, they denied us and now we’re FP. The issue rises where our family on the long run we simply do not have enough money to pay for both my sister + me for college.

Is it possible to appeal and see if there’s a chance for me to get some? If so, who do I send the email to and when can I expect a response? I am also wondering if there are merit scholarships that I can apply to.

Thank you!

I just replies to your question in the other thread…

YeS, you can appeal for FA. You’d need to contact your AO and financial aid team as to how to proceed. I believe that not all schools offer FA for international students though. I don’t know if Hotchkiss does or not. You’d also have to ask about merit scholarships - not all schools offer them.

1 Like

I see that Hotchkiss does offer FA to international students… Thank you for your reply!

1 Like

May I ask what grade you’re applying to and your background?

applied to 9th, asian female from Hong Kong.

1 Like

Unfortunately Hotchkiss does not offer merit scholarships.

1 Like

Hotchkiss is a demonstrated need school, so their financial aid award is based on what they feel your family can pay for your education, and they don’t offer any merit-based aid. If you provided all the required documentation (foreign tax returns, proof on income, etc) during the application process, it is unlikely that an appeal will give you more aid unless you can show that your family’s financial situation has changed.

Hotchkiss also evaluates your financial situation on an annual basis, so you might be able to get aid in the future if your sister enrolls as well (however, there is no guarantee). If you want to appeal, the Financial Aid email address is right on their website.

1 Like