In State VS Out of state

Hello everyone, I am going to finish my senior year in California, however, both of my parents live in Texas. Can I apply as an in-state, even though I won’t be finishing High School in Texas? Please help, thank you

It is your parents’ residency that qualifies you as instate. If your parents live in Texas and fulfill residency requirements for the year prior to attending, you are instate for tuition purposes at the one year date. If they fulfill those requirements make sure you clarify that so you are treated as instate for the application process, if they are still in the qualification period, still explain this and cite the date you will qualify. Note that rank is king in Texas, but academic admit, should it still apply for 2019, apply to even OOS applicants as long at they fulfill requirements (as per TAMU site). Use the extra information section to explain your situation.
Will they (either/or parents if one has moved to set up home and work) have lived in Texas as residents for one year by the time you apply?

Yes, by the time I apply it should be one year :slight_smile:

How are your stats? Do you have rank and test scores?

My rank is 70/562 in my Californian high school. Im taking my SAT twice once on May 4 and the other on June 4. will be taking the total of 5 AP classes. 3.8 Unweighted GPA

Apply Texas opens really early (Maybe july) so be on top of it all. Prep well for your ACT so you are academic admit. Make sure you check the course work reqs and pay attention to dates. Which major?

https://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted

"You qualify for academic admission, if you:

complete Texas A&M’s required coursework, and
rank in the top quarter of your graduating class on or before the application deadline, and
meet test score minimums
SAT: Total score of 1360 with at least 620 Math and 660 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW)

ACT: Composite score of 30 with at least 27 English and 27 Math

satisfy the State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy, and
make sure all required documents are received by the application deadline."