Texas A&M Physics Fall 2020

I currently have taken 1 semester at community college and got a 4.0 with A’s in the required courses and have 32 transferrable credits with 17 in progress. I dont have many ECs due to working while going to school. I’m not sure if I’m considered out of state since I become a resident before the Fall 2020 semster but after the admission deadline. Do I still have a good shot at getting in?

If you have that many hours completed and graded with a 4.0, you should have trouble getting into tamu. HOWEVER, residency is in question.

Where do your parents reside?

I have one parent in california and one with me in texas, so I’ll be a resident before school starts but after the application deadline. The school said it shouldn’t matter when I called them earlier though.

If I were you I would call your admissions rep and have it noted on your app that you are a resident and will have fulfilled the criteria by x date. Assuming your parent is doing all the things required and will meet the requirements. The list is on the TAMU site. My kids were OOS for the application process but TAMU gave them admission as instate on their portal well before the actual one year date, they did explain, call and visit TAMU though. (frosh though). There was no paperwork IIRC, I assume TAMU can easily prove residency themselves.