Income on the UC App

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I was wondering whether writing down the family income makes a difference on the application.
I heard that low income may help, but that the income section on the application doesn’t help for the purposes of financial aid.
The UCs first decide whether or not to admit the student before looking at the financial situation, via the FASFA form, not the income section on the application.</p>

<p>Is this the case?</p>

<p>*FAFSA
Sorry, typo.</p>

<p>the income part in the application is only for EOP, it checks if you are eligible for a couple fee waivers for the applications.</p>

<p>what's EOP?</p>

<p>Information provided on the application will never harm your chances of admissions; it will only help the application. If you have the income available it is best to list it.</p>

<p>UCD Admissions, you have the patience of Job!</p>

<p>But...I was thinking....I understand readers can't see race, I assume because it may influence their interpretation of the students accomplishments. Isn't that true of income and professional parents? I can't help thinking that any percieved advantage as an AA is balanced by the disadvantage of being the fairly well off child of two professional parents. ( An ORM of sorts... I am referring primarily to factors that are shown to be related to SAT scores. ) Why should readers see one and not the other? </p>

<p>Wheww! Even I have to admit my question sounds twisted...</p>

<p>The income and educational level of the parents/guardians, as well all the other information in the application, is only used to obtain information about the applicant in a helpful way. I can only assume that the portrayed thought above happens, but there isn’t anything in the review process that would allow this thought to have a negative impact on the admissions process. The information will either help the student or not, it will never disadvantage a student. We aren’t allowed to make any assumptions while reviewing applications including assuming that education success correlates with financial success exists. I hope this answers your questions clearly.</p>

<p>It does, thank you. I think I'm just on this forum too much!</p>