Indiana Kelley or Fordham Gabelli (RH) or Santa Clara (Leavey)

Is there a clear winner? Initially, I had wanted a school in a big city with companies and such so Kelley is kind of throwing me off a bit, as is its size (10k in business major alone). I just don’t know enough about IU and Kelley. Ironically it’s the only one I didn’t visit but several people “in business” said I should apply. But if it’s a no-brainer and the best of the three with the best rep with national employers, I’d like to know. All seem like great schools. Still waiting on Michigan, Boston U, USC (CA), UT (TX) but chances are lower…

How does one define the best of the three? Because US News says so? It’s the easiest of the near top tier schools - but top tier by magazine rankings.

All three are very solid programs and you can get to wherever from all three. Obviously SCU will bias more toward the West and Fordham the East. By scale, IU is bigger and may attract more names.

But I’ll tell you this - fewer companies are coming today. Even those coming are doing so virtually. And with indeed / linkedin, hiring has changed. My kid (at Bama, different major) interviewed with companies in places like Wisconsin, Boston, and further out places and had multiple high paying offers. So you are not even remotely limited to where the schools are located.

So what is it you are looking to do? If you just want an accounting degree or corporate finance job - i.e. regular corporate jobs, my gues sis not a big difference.

IU publishes their career outcomes. I don’t see SCU for undergrad - didn’t look for Fordham. You could ask both for a career report and compare.

In the end, you have to be somwhere, four years - day after day after day. Choose the right one for you, not US News.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can go wrong, but they are all really different environments. Where would you be happiest if you decided business wasn’t for you? Are they all affordable?

2 Likes