Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

It looks like it the application is still being processed and admittance hasn’t happened yet by the “In Progress” statement. The “In Progress” will be removed and replaced with “admitted” when they get accepted.

son was admitted to biology 12 days ago, Nov 24th (applied Nov 1)… best of luck to your DD… we’re waiting for many more responses but IU is high on the list.

1 Like

We received the email that he was accepted with the instruction to submit the intent to enroll form. But the portal still shows in process :smile:

2 Likes

Applied to IU 10/30, did Kelley petition on 11/18, got accepted into IU 11/29, when will I hear back from Kelley? I have 4.8 W gpa, and applied test optional with fairly strong Extracurricular activities?

My daughter was admitted to IU on 10/18 and got the Kelley email on 11/29…exactly six weeks to the day. She has a 3.98 and was test optional as well and was accepted via petition.

1 Like

Just got admitted! I had to check my portal bc they haven’t sent any emails out yet

2 Likes

Do you mind to take a screenshot of the portal? Because in my son’s case, it’s the other way around, he received the email but portal still shows in progress

Of course!

suproy,

When your son was originally admitted, what did the note say he was admitted to? My son was admitted today and is hoping for direct admit to HLS. His admission notification says University Div Pre-A&S GI&Intl
International Studies BA

There is international studies in the College of Arts and Sciences as well as HLS, right? How do they/we know that he is waiting for direct admit? Thanks!

thanks, this is completely different with my son’s portal. His portal is Atlas Service Home Page with list of items only. Maybe he should call the admission tomorrow. Thank you!!

My son got in tonight!!! So excited for him. Sports Marketing and Management Major. Out of state and application complete date was 9/22

13 Likes

The initial note was admit to IU only. The HLS direct admit email came about 2 weeks later. How do they know that the is waiting for direct admit - In the application, there is an option to state that you are interested in Academic plan- International Studies. I think that automatically puts the student in consideration for Direct Admit.

Thanks! I got concerned as it looks like there is an international studies plan in college of arts and sciences as well.

Could you please share the answer if you find out from the admission office? My D has same screen: she received admit email from IU but her status on Atlas is still “In progress” Thank you so much in advance!

1 Like

Congratulations! I know you’ve been waiting a long time. :slight_smile:

Hi, he called the admission and they said if he was admitted he should see the pre-arrival checklist (which he could), and there is nothing else that he should do except fill the intent to enroll form. The admittance to Kelley should be notified in 4 weeks or he could call directly to Kelley and ask.

Son received his Direct Admit email this morning to Kelley! Applied few days before 11/1, accepted to IU 11/17. No petition, just Direct Admit. Very happy for him. OOS

7 Likes

My son received his Kelley direct admit acceptance today. He applied 10/26. Was admitted to school on 11/22. Then direct admit today, 12/7. He met the criteria for direct admittance, but you never know, so yay! Hope everyone waiting hears soon.

1 Like

Oh, weighted GPA (school does not report unweighted): 4.239
SAT: 1430
Mixed courses of accelerated, honors, and AP
Most notable ECs: Volunteer work, part-time job, student council all 4 years, fundraising committees at school, peer mentor, track and field, summer basketball coach.

Does anybody know if they process by date received or by region or by major?
Mine applied on 10/30. Not a word. He is a high stats kid (SAT 1560).

1 Like