Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Your daughter will be automatically admitted to Kelley based on her stats. Its a sure thing based on their own parameters. It will take 4-6 weeks to get official notive (my son got it after 5 weeks). But rest assured, she is in.

Awaiting Kelley petition. Anyone know what day of the week they are released? This week is 6 from date admitted to IUā€¦ so impatiently waiting.

The first round of petition acceptances came on Tuesday, 11/29. You can monitor on the thread given here: IU Kelley Petition Tracker 2023 - #33 by vtuli11
Patience is going to be key - we have been waiting for 9 weeks. Last year, some students who petitioned early in October only heard back in Feb/March timeframe.

1 Like

Son applied early August and still waiting!!! Application complete in October. Sports Marketing Management major. Major anxiety!

Applied to IU 10/30, did Kelley petition on 11/18, got accepted into IU 11/29, when will I hear back from Kelley? I have 4.8 W gpa, and applied test optional with fairly strong Extracurricular activities? 5 AP classes as of Junior year

From what I read, 3-4 weeks after acceptance to IU

Any idea when merit scholarship info comes out? 2 years ago with my son I think it was December curious when it was last year?

Still waiting. What time do they typically start releasing decisions on Tuesdays? Thanks!

Between 4-5pm Eastern usually. Good luck!

My daughters portal was updated and sheā€™s been deferred. It says they encourage her to submit her most updated grades so as soon as we get those the first week of January, we will submit.

However, last weekend we did fly out of state to tour one of the schools that sheā€™s been excepted to Ian. She really really liked it and itā€™s right on the outskirts of a big city and she really enjoyed every aspect of it so I donā€™t know what sheā€™s going to do. Sheā€™s already been conflicted of one of the other schools that she was accepted to that she knows would be awesome for her program. However, it is a non-traditional campus because itā€™s an art school.

4 Likes

Bloomington. Due to the competitiveness of our applicant pool, the admissions committee must defer making a decision on your application at this time. In order to make your application more competitive, we encourage you to submit higher test scores and/or a more recent grade report. We will continue to review your application, including any new materials, while taking into account the strength of our applicant pool. You will receive a response no later than mid-March.

1 Like

we got the same portal message!!

2 Likes

Glad that she has other option already, wish her luck in any choice sheā€™ll make!

2 Likes

I just checked the portal and my daughter was admitted today! She applied 10/19, transcripts sent over 10/29, application marked as complete 11/12. She applied test optional. UW GPA 3.963. She will be studying Biology. Good luck to everyone who hasnā€™t found out yet! Hopefully there will be a lot more acceptances today!

2 Likes

do you mind me asking what her gpa is

1 Like

She has 7 others haha. She applied to 12 schools. Still waiting on 3 but those donā€™t roll out until next month. IU was top until last week when we toured.

1 Like

Toured this other school which is a smaller but she loved their program and surroundings

1 Like

Her UW GPA is 3.2 so lower. Amazing EC and a pretty damn good essay.

1 Like

very frustrating we have been waiting.

My daughter was admitted to IU today. Waiting to hear from Kelleyā€¦

1 Like