Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

My son has been waiting for 2 weeks from Kelley. He received email from IU though, explaining about choosing major in IU. They said most students are offered standard admission. To choose a major, students will complete at least 2 semesters of study and complete the requirements for the specific major. Some departments do offer direct admission as an added bonus for students with excellent academic grades. However pursuing standard admission and direct admission generally take the same courses starting from day 1.

I am a bit relieved after reading this email. Hope it helps for others waiting for direct admission too.

1 Like

Congrats!! How long after her admittance to IU did she find out about Kelley?

She was accepted to IU on 10/18 and got the Kelley email on 11/29, so six weeks exactly.

Does anyone know what the Exploratory major at IU is. We chose that thinking I decided but almost everyone I know at her school has been accepted to the school but we have heard nothing. She wanted Business but because she applied TO we were told that you needed scores to apply Business but her friends that got in did not send scores. I’m confused by all of it.

My son was admitted to Luddy and he was invited to fill out the Selective Scholarship Application (SSA) – the deadline for the SSA application is February 1, so my assumption was scholarship money was awarded after that date (but perhaps general university scholarships are awarded sooner??)

for standard admitted students, do they have any cap on the number of seats to get into Kelley Or any number of students can get in as long as they satisfy the min grades criteria ?

2 Likes

I didn’t see any mention of cap the number of seats from the website:

Mine Did too and just got in last week. Hang in there!!!

Those of you who got in Hutton honors, where do you see it on the application status? My son got the email but it’s not in the portal anywhere.

Also for direct admits does it say the school name on the status like Kelley or Luddy? His portal shows program as informatics but doesn’t say Luddy. He got the direct admit email.

My son’s notification for Hutton was via email and then a letter some time later. Nothing shows in the portal either. Kelley does not show either, just that he is a business undergrad.

2 Likes

Thanks @NJ23-25
He got the email but no letter.
Do they need to complete any “next steps” immediately? Or wait till they decide to enroll.
That part is confusing.

My son received an invitation to apply for the SSA. Has anyone submitted this yet and how long does it take to hear back?

3 Likes

I don’t think there is anything else to do for HHC -if you end up enrolling at IU it will be automatic.

My S23 has not submitted SSA yet. The two essays are going to take time and he does not have the bandwidth right now to do them. They encourage you to apply early but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that decisions are not released until mid-late February or later.

My son was invited, he’ll be working on it over the holiday break. Looks like some additional work (essay, listing of accomplishments, etc.) required. Feb. 1 deadline.

1 Like

Anyone recieved the red envelope ( read it in last year’s forums) ? My daughter just got her Kelley thru email and post but none from IU by postal mail. No info for Huttons nor any other scholarships so far!

Is invitation only sent through email? Or can you view it in the IU portal as well?

1 Like

my current IU sophomore received that IU envelope waaaay after the decision. took a while

1 Like

Hi - Need some help here. DS applied EA and got a message back that they admissions committee requires more information before making a decision and they are requesting his 7th semester grades. He applied to O’Neil with an 86 GPA, 29 ACT, tons of EC’s and runs his own business. His first marking period grades were a 94.8 average and should sustain around that level for mid-year.
Anyone have experience with IU asking for this info and what it means? Is it just a slow letdown or is this genuinely an ask to look to see how he is doing academically? Help! He really wants to go to IU, first choice by far and was not expecting this.

1 Like

Does anyone know about the safety and crime rate at IU Bloomington? I am a little worried because it’s not far from Chicago, my son was in UIUC and the crime rate there was really high