Iowa young writers studio 2022

i wrote like a 7 page personal narrative, idk if it’s too short tho so hopefully it doesn’t go against me. and for the why iowa essay i was really quirky w it LMAO

I also wrote a personal narrative! What do you mean by “quirky”?

I sent in 3 poems and one short story and as for my sop i think its pretty strong i hope strong eniugh for iowa lmao

oh i mean i j tried to be unconventional w it. instead of being like “I want to go to Iowa because…” i made it into another narrative essay of sorts

Oh god whats the time at your end rn ?

11:22 am

2 Likes

its 11:22pm right now for me…

Same!

same

8 53 pm for me i cant even have dinner properly without checking my phone every 2 mins

Woahhh a whole 12 hour gap

i’m gonna keep on checking until noon and if it doesn’t come out then, i’ll j check tonight and pray for the best

i broke my essay down into why i love writing, what my process and meaning of sample was, and why I wanted to go to Iowa… might be a standard choice, but you cant go wrong with classics

Yass good call im planning to turn off my data and just check before sleeping hoping for the best

If it doesn’t come out till I go sleep later, the next time I check will be like… 10 hours later…

Atleast you wont have to painfully wait once you open youll know thw result once and for all

With emails its interesting because you don’t even get time to brace yourself. As soon as you see the pop-up, there’s like a preview of the content of the email, such as “Congratulations!” or “Thank you for applying!”… that always sucks.

Yes ikr thats the moment im most scared of coz your expectations are at a euphoric high at that time its like a daze

my heartbeat would be screaming in my ears its so overwhelming!

AHHH why cant they just give a time