Is a double major doable at Bama?

I plan to major in Accounting and was wondering if adding a MIS major would be doable. Does the school easily allow double majors? There both in the Business School so I couldn’t imagine it being a problem. I’m hoping the double major would get me to 150 credits so I can take the CPA exam. I don’t mind a 5th year if I have to because it would still be cheaper than graduate school.

I would talk to someone in the business school about the double major.

UA is very generous with AP credits. So many students can graduate a year early or get a MS in addition to BS in 4 years from what I have heard.

My daughter had a triple major in the business school (Finance, Economics and Math) with a CBH minor. There was quite a bit of overlap in Economics and Finance,which helped. She had way more than 150 credits. If you have credit coming in (AP, IB, placement, CLEP, etc.) it would be very possible. Without that credit, you’re looking at over 18 credits a semester to get to 150 in 4 years. I don’t know how nicely Accounting and MIS play together, because my daughter didn’t major in either of them. Also, be sure to check the requirements of the state you plan to get your CPA in - different states have different requirements for the 150 hours.

Business school double majors are very doable. However, double majoring with Accounting and MIS doesn’t overlap very well. MIS is a very heavy demand program (thus the 100% placement rate at graduation), and Accounting has such specific requirements for classes as well. MIS majors usually double with Finance or Econ, Accounting with Finance. MIS is extremely project heavy–3-4 projects a semester that are 100-250 pages in length taking weeks to complete. I would definitely have an advisor in the B school look at your AP/IB/CLEP credits and see if its doable for you.

Thanks for all the helpful responses. I will speak to an advisor about it at Bama Bound.