Is George Washington a good school for pre-med and health majors?

George washington has a lot of the majors I have been looking for (public health, health policy and nutrition science) but I am not sure how highly ranked they are. I’m not sure how well known of a school it is or how it would look on a med school application…

The Milken School for Public Health is a top-ranked school for public health. It currently ranked #12 as a graduate public school program, so it is pretty well-known. The biology department, which has a lot of pre-med majors, is housed in a different school though.

The public health/health sciences is very strong at GW. GW has it’s own medical school as well as a hospital on campus. I’ve known several pre-med students that went on to go to med school at GW and are now very successful residents in their fields. If you’re serious about med school, GW is definitely a solid choice for undergrad.

GWU is indeed a very strong pre-med program- and it is expensive with a COA of $75K per year. Tuition ONLY for their med school is currently $86K per year.