Is it a little too late to apply for Madison?

<p>I know that the deadline isn't till feburary 1st, but I heard somewhere that people who apply after the early decision deadline usually don't get in because the freshman class gets filled up. I'm going to apply anyway but I'm wondering if that is true. And do you think I could get in with a 3.4 weighted gpa and a 28 act. I'm a minority (if that helps) and I was diagnosed with attetion defecit disorder this year so I hope they take that into account while looking at my gpa.</p>

<p>If I were you I would apply. I think you have a good shot. Good luck</p>

<p>Admissions only considers unweighted GPA, not weighted. Include the ADD diagnosis in one of the essays - I believe there is an essay where you have the opportunity to tell admissions anything else about yourself.</p>

<p>The deadline does NOT discriminate against those who meet it at any time. They save room for those who apply in January, one reason so many students get a “postponed” decsion by the earlier notification date.</p>

<p>btw- Be sure you are accurate in your spelling of ADD, misspellings will hurt you on applications.</p>

<p>Sorry I didn’t proofread.</p>

<p>You’re not likely to get in with that GPA and ACT IMO.</p>

<p>Remember folks that the midrange statistics allow for 25% to be below as well as above them for accepted students, although not as likely for both in the same student. </p>

<p>OP- the word “deficit” got me, not an omitted letter but a substitution that could show that your overall spelling is poor, something to pay attention to and correct sooner than later.</p>