what are my chances?!? PLEASE be honest!!

<p>-White
-Female
-GPA (at a very academically challenging/competitive school)-3.73
-ACT-26
-2 Great letters of recommendation
-TONS of EC's
-over 100 hours of service/volunteering
-Have a learning disability that I talked about in essays (ADD)
-Have a sibling currently attending Madison
-I applied september 2, and everything was received by September 10, 2010.
--Along with many others, I am anxiously awaiting to hear a decision from Madison via online or mail, and am very frustrated that they say they have a "rolling basis" for applications, which they clearly have shown to be completely untrue as everyone else has said along with about 20 students from my school have been accepted who all applied on or very near the november deadline and heard back two weeks after the deadline. Very frustrating and perplexing.</p>

<p>---BUT please let me know asap what you feel my chances are...as Madison is my number one choice school...</p>

<p>It says rolling, not FIFO admissions. The fact that many already have decisions indicates they are rolling rather than sending them all out on one day in the Spring as some do.
As to the question–you have a decent shot. Prepare for being postponed.</p>

<p>FIFO = First In, First Out</p>

<p>You’re borderline. They’ll probably defer you and give you an answer in a few months. What that answer is could hinge upon you having an excellent GPA senior year. Make sure you keep your grades up and you have a decent shot.</p>

<p>my GPA has improved since freshman year like freshman year i had a 3.6, sophomore year a 3.7 and junior year a 3.8, and first term this year i got a 4.0 so my cumulative one is the 3.73…hopefully!</p>

<p>Im not trying to sound mean, but i dont really understand why you woud discuss a learning disorder in your app. You look like a bright applicant who has a good chance at admission, but insecure about your profile. If i was an admissions officer i would let you in, but you have to understand that ADD is not a selling point! I would not want a soccer player on my team if they have a broken leg! </p>

<p>BUT, I am not saying that your ADD has hurt you in any way, (as you have excelled both in and out of school) it just will, no way, help your app. I mean, look at it this way: Wisc will not admit you if your ADD hurts your grades (because then you wont succeed in college) and will admit you if your add doesnt make any difference and you have good grades (just like you are now). </p>

<p>Be confident, and dont try to justify your grades! you will get in!</p>

<p>Regarding students with disabilities:</p>

<p>[Prospective</a> Student Information - McBurney Disability Resource Center - University of Wisconsin–Madison](<a href=“http://www.mcburney.wisc.edu/students/prospective/index.php]Prospective”>http://www.mcburney.wisc.edu/students/prospective/index.php)</p>