Is it still worth it for OOS students with no scholarship?

<p>I wish I could take it a multiple number of times but I only have 2 times left before the scholarship deadline :(</p>

<p>My kiddo is not a scholarship kid. We are paying “full retail” to attend Bama, but we’re in state.</p>

<p>I’ll share my dad-view. Not advice, only opinion.</p>

<p>First, I’ll agree with others here – keep taking tests and strive to climb up over the scholarship threshold. I’m not sure what the score level is to get OOS tuition waived, but your school counselor or another CC member might.</p>

<p>Second, if your parents “green light” a school, do not carry guilt or stress from their decision. I told my son to let parents worry about parent stuff. Students need to worry about student stuff, which is plenty.</p>

<p>Finally, this may or may not be a widely held view, but in my experience debt is not a blessing. If I had to choose between a decent inexpensive school with no debt and a rock-star, dream-school with debt, I’d choose to be well-educated and debt-free.</p>

<p>Thanks BillThePoet!</p>

<p>I am aiming for a 32 or 1400 (CR+M) to get a full tuition scholarship, but if I get a 30 or 1330 (CR+M) I qualify for 2/3 off tuition. I just want the highest score possible. And he really just doesn’t want me to go to school in California unless by magic I get into a UC haha. But I think I’d be a better fit at other schools out of state.</p>

<p>since you need such a big jump, and your family can afford a class, i think you should take a class or get a tutor.</p>

<p>it is possible to do it on your own, but since you only have 2 tries, it might be best to go ahead with some help.</p>

<p>That’s probably what I am going to do. I just need to find one in my area that specializes in ACT prep as well</p>